Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

I’m thinking I’m probably due a load of bonus points for knocking Oxford out of the cup.

A8504C4D-0433-4652-88AC-241FD0438EA5.thumb.png.65558678175a1d53f127bd11989ae2fc.png

If Foxy will do the calculations you will get a negative score 😂

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The results will be tomorrow and they are crazy. I won’t say who it is but one person this week has got hands down the most outrageous win I’ve ever seen on vibe :D

😯I hope it’s @Aaron Thornton so he can go out on a high 😂

17 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The results will be tomorrow and they are crazy. I won’t say who it is but one person this week has got hands down the most outrageous win I’ve ever seen on vibe :D

Is me? 😁

Edited by George Traistă
45 minutes ago, samhardy said:

It certainly isn’t me.

Vibe Premier League 2021, Week 5 Results

What should have been elimination week turned into just a normal week of action after Aaron and Scottish already exited the event but I can assure you that did not affect the excitement levels that were thrown up with the craziest set of results so far. I have already teased a bit of what we have in store and now it’s time to see for real.

image.png.7c1888a6e511e835063010b2d9031f50.png

Before I start keep in mind that if any scores were level this week then it was most games won in all competitions to decide who finishes higher. Or in some cases that wasn’t enough...

We didn’t have this down as a particularly tough challenge when making it but what this week proved is that basic challenges can still cause chaos. First to submit was @George Traistă and in what was a bit of a surprise to me he only managed to last 18 games, winning only 5 of them before the dreaded sack came.

image.jpeg.b21df1262e17e00853801e740fb76ef5.jpeg

When this result came in I thought to myself that George had just had a nightmare and it would be a one-off this week but sure enough just a few hours later I received this from @Ian for the second time this season.

image.png.5621d74d5b39907a7a95e3f71fa9eb54.png

:O

This looked a slightly harsher sacking than George’s as Ian was sitting 12th in the table at the time which although is below expectations isn’t disastrous. Sadly the Shrimpers board weren’t having any of it and Ian was given his marching orders but he has already assured if nothing else he won’t be losing a point this week as his tie-break score puts him above George.

Third in was struggling @Aaron Thornton and almost inevitably he followed the other two into receiving his P45. A horror show of a campaign comes to an end for Aaron but he has entertained the fans and gained admirers across the globe for his efforts at least and I always looked forward to reading his manager name each week.

image.jpeg.31a4d55185612e5c09475863adf0d9ea.jpeg

A score of 0 was looking pretty solid at this point and if you’re following them yes, that does indeed mean that Ian was at this stage leading the week’s proceedings with a score of... 0 😂

• Ian - 0
  • Aaron Thornton - 0
  • George Traista - 0

As entertaining as this is not everyone got sacked this week and now it’s time to take a look at the three gaffers who managed to see out the season in the Southend dugout. Firstly @broodje kip who must have been fairly close to the sack himself finishing the season in mid table but the obscene amount of draws probably saved his job, 25 of them in the league alone meaning there were only 10 league defeats. For the first time this week we can have a look at how the main man McCormack got on though and for Broodje he scored 9 goals and assisted 12, picking up a handful of cards throughout the season. It’s not often you’re happy with draws in FMM but they worked well for Broodje as not only did they probably keep him in charge they also kept defeats and minus points at a minimum earning him a total of 117.

@Kanegan is the next to take a look at and sticking with the draw theme he had an almost identical league season to what Broodje did, finishing in mid table but having a mammoth 24 draws meaning only 10 defeats. Kane also kept 13 clean sheets as well. His McCormack also had a very similar record, in fact the only thing that puts Kane ahead of broodje was that he won 2 more cup games meaning 6 extra points. 123 the total and Kane can’t complain about that, I wouldn’t have expected that score to be leading at the start of the week but after 5 people had submitted that is exactly what it was doing.

Now onto the performance of the week though and helped immensely by his diet of steamed broccoli throughout the last week @Rich who started the week on top of the table put down a marker and said he was the man to beat with this display. The only man who looked anything like living up to the board expectations at the start of the season by guiding Southend to a playoff spot, in the end only finishing 3 points off automatic promotion. This impressive showing consisted of 27 wins in all competitions, almost double the next best this week. To be honest his McCormack didn’t absolutely tear it up with only 7 goals and 9 assists but Rich’s league performance was far too good for anyone else and with it he not only takes the win over George but also the bonus point to begin to build a lead at the top of the table.

• RichD - 147
  • Kanegan - 123
  • broodje kip - 117
  • Ian - 0
  • Aaron Thornton - 0
  • George Traista - 0

Those were the only three to see the season out which means the two remaining scores (of 0) belong to @smoggy90 and @JamesVilla. Smog was sacked in December, only managing 6 wins in that time period and picking up a 0.

image.png.c3a652474d9d73ffed565090f7618920.png

That means he loses his unbeaten record as well as Kane takes the win but a small consolation for Smog is that those 6 wins mean he doesn’t have a point deducted from the table.

• RichD - 147
  • Kanegan - 123
  • broodje kip - 117
  • Ian - 0
  • smoggy90 - 0
  • Aaron Thornton - 0
  • George Traista - 0

I’m sure at this point Ian is keeping a very keen eye on the last score to come in since at the moment he could well be picking up a draw with Broodje with a score of 0.

And that last result belonged to @JamesVilla who didn’t know of Aaron’s sacking at the time but if he saw out the season he would be guaranteed a victory this week. Did he manage to see out the season though?

image.jpeg.098185f1db81d0dfa0d17e78b4f39a26.jpeg

NO!!

Incredible drama here as both Villa and Aaron got the 🥾 before Christmas and end up with a 0.

But wait!

If you paid close attention to the above screenshot, and also the very first line I wrote in this results section about the tie-break it has turned out to be absolutely crucial! Villa was sacked but won 9 games meaning Smoggy is between him and Aaron in the weekly leaderboard. That means with a score of Villa has outrageously picked up a W 🤣

I said in the preview for this week that he could do with a bit more luck and I think someone of a much higher power than we can all comprehend was listening. Unbelievable stuff.

But if you though we’re finished yet then you would be wrong as a certain Seahouses Seahorse will be wondering whether his haul of 0 has earned him anything this week as well.

Ian and Villa both won 9 games meaning the tie-break was level as well. I then went to most draws... level as well... least losses... nope both had identical records of 9-3-9. 4th in line was league position at the time of sacking and Villa was 15th with Ian 12th meaning despite scoring a 0 and 117 points less than his opponent Ian has managed a sensational draw.

What a week.

Final Scores

• Rich - 147
  • Kanegan - 123
  • broodje kip - 117
  • Ian - 0 (9, 3, 9, 12th)
  • JamesVilla - 0 (9, 3, 9, 15th)
  • smoggy90 - 0 (6, 6)
  • Aaron Thornton - 0 (6, 3)
  • George Traista - 0 (5)

TIEBREAKS IN ORDER: Most wins, most draws, least losses, league position.

Results, Week 5

@Rich 3-0 @George Traistă

@Ian 2-2 @broodje kip

@Kanegan 3-1 @smoggy90

@Aaron Thornton 0-1 @JamesVilla

So at the end of all that Rich has opened up a 3 point lead at the top over Broodje and Woody who I’m sure will be glad he had this week off. Smog lost his unbeaten record but holds onto a playoff place just ahead of the chasing pack of Kane, Villa and Ian. It was George who was the one unfortunate enough to lose a point this week - 1 more win would have been enough to avoid that.

image.thumb.png.88a72e9fd21cbbe41bfd618e36f66622.png

The race for the playoffs now fully intensifies from this point onwards and the fixtures for weeks 6-9 will be posted by @FuddledFox tomorrow. All of you will have played everyone once by the end of the season but with elimination there will be some cases for a few of you where you end up playing someone in the second half of the season that you have already played in the first 5 weeks :)

Lovely write up Sam. Absolutely classic. And well done Ian on a soundly strategic performance.

Rich, you needn’t have stressed out so much! 

Awesome write up as usual😁

What a week of fixtures and some madness to go with it! Great stuff.

Up until this week I have been very lucky to be top, not had one stand out score😂

1 minute ago, smoggy90 said:

I was gutted, had him firing on all cylinders too. 
4DB4FEC3-6F34-420C-802E-99978D4DE5A7.thumb.jpeg.2a870012c137934b0c4259a47eae9e66.jpeg

added 0 minutes later

Great write up @samhardy and what an incredible round!

Awesome! 

I tried playing through McCormack at the start but wasn’t getting the results, so decided that wasn’t the route for me, and went for results. All out attack at home and cups and all out defence away from home 😁

17 minutes ago, Rob said:

And well done Ian on a soundly strategic performance.

Thank you very much, my strategy paid off and this has got to be the best point I’ve ever won in one of these competitions.

Well done all and my opponent @broodje kip.

Honestly not seeing how the expectations were to gain promotion with that set of players. When I heard that that was what was expected I thought it would be ok as I’ve worked on a couple of systems this past month that seem good for results but as soon as I saw the players I just didn’t fancy it. Still a bit annoyed at my sacking though, I understand the expectations and the reputation aspect but can’t think for one moment that the developers would’ve wanted me to be sacked when I was. This was the run I was on which does look better than it was due to the cup extra time games but still doesn’t seem right to me as there was nothing to suggest we were definitely not going to make the playoffs at that stage and I’m pretty certain we’d have definitely finished mid table.

77AD9B66-85DA-4079-92EC-2AD2F3C99DBF.thumb.png.7ca4393ba39163651faf813a225be65c.png

Never mind, at least I wasn’t alone in getting the sack as I had thought at one stage I might’ve been. Onwards and Upwards.  

The day I got to play this challenge was a real bad day, few problems with a project and my both kids were sick.

At the end of the day channeled all my frustration on the game and didn't think clear... I was so happy to get sacked, soooo happy! It just felt a relief. 

What a week, fair play @Rich, whatever you did to get them boys firing was unbelievable, personally I thought their squad was the biggest pile of trash that never should have expected promotion, but each to their own 😂 @JamesVilla when you're up against me, expect the unexpected. 

Had a blast doing this and will be following intently to see who tops it. 

Side note, my Alan McCormack, buried 3 free kicks in my first two games and the smile on my face gave me hope, 5 wins in my first 6 games, then 1 win in 2 months saw me get the boot.

IRL Southend I hope you get relegated! 

Edited by Aaron Thornton
1 hour ago, Rich said:

Awesome! 

I tried playing through McCormack at the start but wasn’t getting the results, so decided that wasn’t the route for me, and went for results. All out attack at home and cups and all out defence away from home 😁

That’s where I went wrong mate, although I was only 6 points off the play offs when I got sacked which I thought was pretty harsh. 

Great write up @samhardy and fantastic result @Rich.

This was indeed a disastrous challenge. After the first two games where I got defeated handsomely, I knew survival would be key so I started employing ultra defensive tactics and it somehow worked giving me astronomical amount of draws. 

I can now exclusively reveal the fixtures for the final 4 week of the league stage and I’m also pleased to announce that myself and @samhardy have signed a deal worth £2 billion with Sky Sports for all matches to be televised for the rest of the competition. What this means is that prize money for the event has now gone from £0 to £0 as we are keeping the lot for ourselves.

There will be a preview of Week 6’s games out this evening and then the challenge will be released tomorrow.

Week 6

Spoiler

2105289297_fixtureswk6.thumb.png.aabcfa473823061fc3ae4a34824361aa.png

Week 7

Spoiler

1633054175_fixtureswk7.thumb.png.e5b94280bcd77305f1a1f581d99a4c47.png

Week 8

Spoiler

216356409_fixtureswk8.thumb.png.cc1ac4f9e2c4e2f3fefe522d803521e4.png

Week 9

Spoiler

899054182_fixtureswk9.thumb.png.783ca68eff924510d0d6e2f3077d11c1.png