Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Geordie: The Big Combo (Season 2)

post.thumb.jpg.e1b0531ce0f529ea3acd8fff420c589e.jpg

Since I had the H2H with @Rich and @broodje kip on Augusta, I kind of lost the love for solo careers and few days ago I saw @geordiekrispy making a comment about a future combo challenge that he wants to take. I jumped in and challenged him on a H2H, or G2G how Geordie likes to say :D

He had some challenges in mind, I had others, we combined, erased, added, baked... and we made the plan, is not a simple one so bare with me.
The time frame is set by The Kevin O'Connor Challenge (KOC) created by @Mr Tree. We are gonna buy a player, so both of us will start from scratch, and play until one of the designated players will get his 501st game for the club. Yes, you read it right, this H2H will stop when only one of the players get to 501.

The club we’re gonna use is set by the Creating a Club Legend challenge by @FuddledFox and I will let you guess it. Hint: is one of the most supported club around here.

The squad we start is dictated by the Everyone's a Goalscorer Challenge created by @Kanegan and @BatiGoal. We are only allowed to have 22 men in the squad (20+2 GK) and all the field players must score at least 5 goals.

One of the 22 players must be a striker between ages of 24 and 29 because we're gonna tackle the Striker Peak Years Challenge. Maybe another one is one old guy, 35+ years old for The Last Hurrah, is not a must but I think he will be there from the start. Both challenges are created by @FuddledFox.

And now, if you think 5 challenges in one save are enough, make that double. We would have 10 challenges in total, the 5 mentioned above plus:
The Late Bloomer created by @FuddledFox
5 Season Wonderkid FC created by @Titjes
The Goaltopia Challenge created by @FuddledFox
5 is that enough or overkill?! created by @broodje kip
The Managers 1000 Goal Challenge created by @FuddledFox

3 challenges will have the start right away: KOC, Everyone's a Goalscorer Challenge and Striker Peak Challenge. All other can be made throughout the career. We recon than this H2H will be around 9-10 seasons so we would have different plans, but we need to say at the beginning of the season if we start one of the challenges. Some challenges are intertwined so it will make our life easier but also force our imagination to know where to get a lower score and where we should push the pedal to the metal.

Some pointing system will see a slight change to make sure we have a unified pointing system:

• On the KOC, instead of counting the player achievements, will count his played games for the club so one player gets 501 points and the other will get how many games he has at the date the H2H stopped. 
  • Creating a Club Legend, will multiply the player goals by his GpG ratio.
  • The Late Bloomer, the player goals will turn into points.
  • The Managers 1000 Goal Challenge, will turn into points every goal scored over the first 1000

I was sure that this first post will be a long ass text but I managed to keep it short, kind of, and tidy! That was the intro and now, wish us the traditional, "bad luck!". 🤣

Any idea of the club we're gonna use?

Edited by George Traistă
5 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Oh wow! I’d recreate my thread to the FMM 21 one. Good luck to both of you.

I think we're both going to need it.

Trying to wrap my head around the players needed each season and the formation is going to be tough!

That's a crazy attempt. Best of luck to both of you. I gulped down a whole bottle of Kingfisher just to go through your intro post. 😁

19 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

We should bring back “The Table of Support” like @Ashez did. I’d be rooting for Geordie just because I’m going against George! 😂😂

Maybe we just do it like on "the socials" and just have a different reaction for one side compared to the other?

1 minute ago, geordiekrispy said:

Maybe we just do it like on "the socials" and just have a different reaction for one side compared to the other?

Good, I will use :@ for George and <3 for you 🤣

13 hours ago, Rich said:

If it’s not Newcastle I’ll be very disappointed!

Why do you have to spoil the fun!? 

Newcastle it is... And we must get a player score 207 goals as this guy in the photo, can't remember his name, got 206.

Alan-Shearer-of-Newcastle-celebrates.thumb.jpg.91c23616f9ca28e0ff6990aaa5fe3fee.jpg

5 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Newcastle it is... And we must get a player score 207 goals as this guy in the photo, can't remember his name, got 206.

Alan-Shearer-of-Newcastle-celebrates.thumb.jpg.91c23616f9ca28e0ff6990aaa5fe3fee.jpg

Wrong choice. this should be the one:

Spoiler

D1C15459-80B5-47EE-907F-71BB6286DBB5.thumb.png.f08203b6a9f88ebfce29cc713dfe5084.png

6 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Do I win Alan Shearer now that I was right?

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

Do I win Alan Shearer now that I was right?

Yep, he's currently in the post... I had to disassemble him a bit, but his knees came apart really easily. His head was a bit hard and his arm kept on making the box lid pop off.

But overall the box was lighter as there's no hair left.

1 hour ago, George Traistă said:

Duncan Ferguson isn't it? 🤣

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

Thought that is Andy Cole?

I might be getting it wrong then mate 🤣 I thought that geordie striker originally but I'm sure it was Duncan 🤣 now you mention it could be Cole!

11 minutes ago, DLC said:

I might be getting it wrong then mate 🤣 I thought that geordie striker originally but I'm sure it was Duncan 🤣 now you mention it could be Cole!

Nah it's Sir Les.

Damn, we've had some decent strikers through my years of supporting :(

Quinn, Beardsley, Sir Les, Cole, Asprilla, Bellamy, Lovenkrands.

Edited by geordiekrispy
47 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Nah it's Sir Les.

Damn, we've had some decent strikers through my years of supporting :(

Quinn, Beardsley, Sir Les, Cole, Asprilla, Bellamy, Lovenkrands.

Riviere, Luque, Kuqi, Joelinton the list goes on 🤣

1 hour ago, DLC said:

Riviere, Luque, Kuqi, Joelinton the list goes on 🤣

Owen, Klivert, de Jong, Cordone, Ranger, Gui'varch, Rush, Cort.

The list of bad players is longer than the list of good ones.

This is on! 

Screenshot_20210318_070910_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.1af87494be0138f77b4cc6adcb550c84.jpg

I have made a plan, created the save and now I'm looking for my players. 

First season I will take on the following challenges:

1. The Kevin O'Connor Challenge. Take a player and play until he gets 500 and 1 matches for the club. Meanwhile he must ge tbright yellow on FC, MC, DC, MR/AMR or ML! AML and DR/WBR or DL/WBL. If he won't turn to bright yellow on those positions by the time he gets to 501 appearances, the challenge is failed. 

2. Everyone's Goalscorer Challenge. Have only 22 players in the squad (20 field players + 2GK), no transfer allowed after the first game of the season. Every field player must score at lest 5 goals. If they don't score 5 goals in the season, the challenge is failed. 

3. Striker Peak Years Challenge. Have a player between 24 yo snd 29 yo and get him to score as many in 5 years. 

4. The Goaltopia Challenge. We agreed to make this challenge for two players. You must get those two players to score as many goals, minimum 100. My striker for Striker Peak Years will be one of the two players in Goaltopia. 

5. The Last Hurrah. Get a player that is 35+ years at the beginning of the save and score goals for two seasons. The second season he must score more that in the first one, if not, he will get penalised. 

6.The Late Bloomer. Get a player that is 30+ years at the beginning of the save and have him score more goals until he retires compared to the rest of his career. Minimum 100 goals. 

Edited by George Traistă

I got my squad sorted out...

22 players (22 filed players and 2 goalkeepers) for the Everyone's Goalscorer Challenge. This will be the hardest challenge, this year and maybe the entire H2H

Screenshot_20210321_152935_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.76106ba0b479a5746e4668c9e2fb6689.jpg

My Kevin O'Connor is .... a Geman guy called Edward Lowen, is a little bit older. The other option was Bornauw, I bought him also because I like him.

Screenshot_20210321_153045_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.9c0d5bb676864331bc68aa6ae3a88b6f.jpg

Piatek will be the Peak Years Striker. I remember I had him at Lazio in my COPA90 save and he was great.

Screenshot_20210321_152941_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.876d7e4daef08e9d41ce959bac65c503.jpg

Pelle is the 35+ old guy. Not the Brazilian legend Pele , but the former Southampton player, the Italian Pelle.

Screenshot_20210321_152947_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.40390681e6d2a91771d330e625d73bb9.jpg

Lastly, Dario Benedetto will be my Late Bloomer and he needs to score 104 goals until he will retire.

Screenshot_20210321_152951_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.c8094afab949110a974ab104eb651dfe.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210321_152953_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.d9f01c419c6ec189cba5bbd90bb8b5a9.jpg

How do you like my players?

@geordiekrispy show me what you got :D

Here's a quick teaser of my season (3rd game in).

We can score goals, but my GA is going to be just as high as my GF I think.

Screenshot_20210322-095026.png

Edited by geordiekrispy
18 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Here's a quick teaser to me season (3rd game in).

We can score goals, but my GA is going to be just as high as my GF I think.

Screenshot_20210322-095026.png

Depay, Delap and Vela 😯