Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I’m on the standard IPad and it’s only slightly stretched out on that but the screenshot images render fine and sharp. Not sure what it’ll be like on the bigger screen one though but I think if you’ve been on android previous you’ll notice a major difference in terms of speed, well on EME anyway.

As in better/faster on the ipad? 

8 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

iOS just seems to be faster than Android full stop in my experience. I have a feeling the game might be a bit more optimised for Apple devices perhaps because they use them to build the game but I don’t know that for a fact.

19 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Much faster on iOS in my experience and by quite some distance. Much less bugs too as half of the stuff posted on here in the bug forum I never encounter. I agree with @FuddledFox in that I think the game is optimised for iOS. I have heard things about how apple offer incentives to developers for making it that way which may well be true. Probably easier to develop for iOS too though with there not being so many different devices.

I think I’ve heard others complaining about the game being too stretched out on the bigger iPads though so just a warning to maybe expect that. 

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

think I’ve heard others complaining about the game being too stretched out on the bigger iPads though so just a warning to maybe expect that. 

It might be that you will have the  stretch display option on iPad Pro like @DutchTony has in this post which will make the game look better @JamesVilla

On 15/03/2021 at 11:04, Rob said:

Anyone here like doing much fitness stuff? If so, what’s your favourite?

I've chucked weights around in the gym for nearly 10 years.

Mainly for aesthetics in my younger days but now powerlifting focussed (squat, deadlift, Bench Press).

I often reply on here in between sets.

Thankfully I bought a power rack and Olympic bars and weights about 8 years back so lockdown hasn't affected me.

I hate cardio with a passion. A drunken Christmas bet with a mate had me doing a 10k run. Not fun 

The next year in the same pub I agreed to do an Olympic length triathlon.

2 weeks out from the race a car ploughed into me head on. Head through windscreen job before somersaulting through the air. Spinal board in the ambo to a trauma unit 3 hospitals away.

Luckily just a couple of broken hands, some ligament damage and some hefty bruising all over. Got some knarly metal in my right hand now.  

No weight lifting for almost a year. But fully back now. 

Did I mention I hate cardio. 

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

It might be that you will have the  stretch display option on iPad Pro like @DutchTony has in this post which will make the game look better @JamesVilla

I think it was on last years game where there were people complaining about it so perhaps things are better this year, or some different options available in the settings to help like above. I don’t think anyone said it made the game unplayable though or anything like that.

I don’t know about anyone else but it’s really annoying me, a player could have a 3 week injury and have a big stats decrease, literally ruining my squad at times as they don’t build back up for months. Totally get if it was a long term injury. But this is pissing me off.

Also having people have a stats boost and turns out they’ll have there most important one have a decrease (my wingers with crossing)

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

I've chucked weights around in the gym for nearly 10 years.

Mainly for aesthetics in my younger days but now powerlifting focussed (squat, deadlift, Bench Press).

I often reply on here in between sets.

Thankfully I bought a power rack and Olympic bars and weights about 8 years back so lockdown hasn't affected me.

I hate cardio with a passion. A drunken Christmas bet with a mate had me doing a 10k run. Not fun 

The next year in the same pub I agreed to do an Olympic length triathlon.

2 weeks out from the race a car ploughed into me head on. Head through windscreen job before somersaulting through the air. Spinal board in the ambo to a trauma unit 3 hospitals away.

Luckily just a couple of broken hands, some ligament damage and some hefty bruising all over. Got some knarly metal in my right hand now.  

No weight lifting for almost a year. But fully back now. 

Did I mention I hate cardio. 

Geez man. That accident sounds awful. Love the powerlifting. You a member of the 1,000 club?

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

Geez man. That accident sounds awful. Love the powerlifting. You a member of the 1,000 club?

Not quite bud I'm about 20lb off of 1000lb but I have my eye on a masters comp next year (I'll be 40) where a 500kg total will be my aim. To have a chance of placing I will cut down to probably the 83kg weight class. 

3 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Not quite bud I'm about 20lb off of 1000lb but I have my eye on a masters comp next year (I'll be 40) where a 500kg total will be my aim. To have a chance of placing I will cut down to probably the 83kg weight class. 

Geez man. That weight at 83kg is bonkers.

I play a lot of the game with the oval shaped ball ( i shall not mention its name for fear of backlash) So i have to stay in pretty good shape for that. I hate running, but lockdown made me have to do some. I try to do something every day, with most of my weights stuff trying to get in better shape for that game with the oval shaped ball. However injuries derail things very often.

I also play some basketball and cricket, so I am a busy man 😁

1 hour ago, Albionic said:

I play a lot of the game with the oval shaped ball ( i shall not mention its name for fear of backlash) So i have to stay in pretty good shape for that. I hate running, but lockdown made me have to do some. I try to do something every day, with most of my weights stuff trying to get in better shape for that game with the oval shaped ball. However injuries derail things very often.

Booooo oval shaped ball 😂

I used to play for my school, but not since, been a long while since I played rugby, surprising really as rugby is massive here in Wales 😰

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Booooo oval shaped ball 😂

I used to play for my school, but not since, been a long while since I played rugby, surprising really as rugby is massive here in Wales 😰

Where abouts Rich? Are you near the coast?

10 minutes ago, Woody said:

Where abouts Rich? Are you near the coast?

I’m 25 miles away from Swansea I am. But I’m not far from a few costal areas as well, it’s a small place so you kind of end up being near everywhere in Wales 😂

I’m near Tenby  @Woody, which is a lovely place. Don’t know why I didn’t lead with that.

Edited by Rich
17 minutes ago, Rich said:

I’m 25 miles away from Swansea I am. But I’m not far from a few costal areas as well, it’s a small place so you kind of end up being near everywhere in Wales 😂

I’m near Tenby  @Woody, which is a lovely place. Don’t know why I didn’t lead with that.

Ive heard nice things about Tenby. We always go to Greenacres in Porthmadog.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I don’t know about anyone else but it’s really annoying me, a player could have a 3 week injury and have a big stats decrease, literally ruining my squad at times as they don’t build back up for months. Totally get if it was a long term injury. But this is pissing me off.

Also having people have a stats boost and turns out they’ll have there most important one have a decrease (my wingers with crossing)

I had a wonderkid training crossing as part of his training set up, and also had crossing as focus training as well. His crossing went down 1 point 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Albionic said:

Interesting. I never able to play rugby due to me being too skinny and not basketball because I’m not tall enough. I did play fair amounts of baseball and tabble tennis though and football for sure. Never tried cricket. Is it any fun? It looks similar to baseball 

Cricket is the worst sport ever.

So I’ve learnt if we have a Vibe Royal Rumble Billy and Albi are going to be the final two.

24 minutes ago, Rob said:

Cricket is the worst sport ever.

So I’ve learnt if we have a Vibe Royal Rumble Billy and Albi are going to be the final two.

Wanna go for 100m instead? I can probably beat @Rich on that one 😂

3 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Wanna go for 100m instead? I can probably beat @Rich on that one 😂

I think you can probably beat Rich I. Most things.

I'm not afraid to say the word rugby. I'm assuming you mean Union, @Albionic? I played Union for years and always wanted to get into League. I started off as a winger when I was younger. I was pretty swift across the ground. Morphed into a flanker towards the end of high school because I preferred getting a bit more of the ball and have always been quite physical. Ended up as a centre because my handling has always been my greatest asset, I think. This all prepared me well for ending up as a goalkeeper really. 🤣

I've been into everything. Our school got us involved in as much sport as possible. We had a male hockey team which competed regularly. I was a part of a local athletics team too. Focused on long distance running so my stamina was pretty good. Rugby and football are what gripped me though. I was always useful at both.

Now though, I couldn't run the length of myself. I blame beer. Started lifting weights as a stress reliever but that has stopped now due to gyms being shut and not owning any.

4 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I'm not afraid to say the word rugby. I'm assuming you mean Union, @Albionic? I played Union for years and always wanted to get into League. I started off as a winger when I was younger. I was pretty swift across the ground. Morphed into a flanker towards the end of high school because I preferred getting a bit more of the ball and have always been quite physical. Ended up as a centre because my handling has always been my greatest asset, I think. This all prepared me well for ending up as a goalkeeper really. 🤣

I've been into everything. Our school got us involved in as much sport as possible. We had a male hockey team which competed regularly. I was a part of a local athletics team too. Focused on long distance running so my stamina was pretty good. Rugby and football are what gripped me though. I was always useful at both.

Now though, I couldn't run the length of myself. I blame beer. Started lifting weights as a stress reliever but that has stopped now due to gyms being shut and not owning any.

Blimey, you must have been bloody fit. 

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

Blimey, you must have been bloody fit. 

Just mad about sport, mate. I'm also a black belt in Judo and a brown belt in karate. Don't know how I managed to fit it all in but my parents were determined to keep me active and always said I needed some sort of stimulation. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Just mad about sport, mate. I'm also a black belt in Judo and a brown belt in karate. Don't know how I managed to fit it all in but my parents were determined to keep me active and always said I needed some sort of stimulation. 🤣

Nice to hear I’ve got some good solid back up on here if anyone ever starts a fight😂

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

Nice to hear I’ve got some good solid back up on here if anyone ever starts a fight😂

Indeed you do, my friend. 🤣💪