Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

It’s interesting to me that it is only Spanish, Italian and English clubs. They keep claiming that it will benefit the rest of the football pyramid, not sure how that will work, those clubs will have more of a monopoly on talent than before.

59 minutes ago, Woody said:

The FA will ban players from playing for England for starters

Do you think that many players would care about playing for there national team over making more money for themselves?

3 minutes ago, Albionic said:

It’s interesting to me that it is only Spanish, Italian and English clubs. They keep claiming that it will benefit the rest of the football pyramid, not sure how that will work, those clubs will have more of a monopoly on talent than before.

I’m 100% sure no German club would take part considering their 50+1 rule where the fans own part of the clubs. This prevents bigger clubs like Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig to get into the European Super League.

In France, there’s no club that are financially strong as the others in the ESL other than PSG but their owner is part of the UEFA so he can’t ruin his relationship.

I believe most other clubs in Europe got the same problem as the French 

31 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Do you think that many players would care about playing for there national team over making more money for themselves?

Yes mate i do because deep down the national team is still the pinnicle. 

I'm definately not saying all players will fall in line but i do think the majority will. 

I understand Rugby players dont because they get paid far far less but the majority always come back as they miss playing for their country.

We are a cynicle lot and we know footballers can be and are greedy buggers. Its human nature but i'm sure the majority like i said would want to represent their country.

*colourful language warning. 

I'm all caught up and seriously fuck our owners. Absolutely disgusted by all of this. I can handle tight owners, I can handle owners who didn't invest when we were in a position of strength, even ones that didn't sign us the CB we desperately needed until it was too late, hell even selling our best players, but this shit. This shit? 

I'm fucking embarrassed by these owners and not for the first time. They've turned us into a laughing stock. Throwing our history away for a few quid? Furloughing the staff? Sprouting utter bollocks like "This Means More" and "YNWA" and the Liverpool brand when their decisions has dragged our name through the mud yet again. 

Any and all repercussions of this fall on their heads and it pains me to say it but I hope it's the wake up call they need. All these clubs should be expelled from Europe immediately, and yes I'd say that even if we beat Madrid. We've a massive top 4 encounter tonight but what's the point? Why's it even fucking matter now. 

Like what must Klopp and the players be thinking? Klopp has already said he doesn't like the Super League idea and now he's forced into it? What if he walks? The local lads like Trent and Jones must be livid that this is happening to their club. Hell are all their contracts now void if we aren't in any of the organisations? If we can't play fixtures how can these contracts hold up. If Klopp or any players leave after this shit show its on the owners. 

Liverpool was finally in a good place, even with this season being a mess it's still felt like we were back and heading to bigger things. But not this. 

It's not even like the money would help us compete as even with this cash we'd still be behind everyone else getting the exact same cash and we already know we can't compete with the state clubs FFS. This decisions has nothing to do with the club but the owners greed. 

Even if this doesn't happen the damage has been done and what stops them not trying it again next year or the year after. The relationship is gone. 

My love of the CL is no secret and to throw all our history away in the biggest competition on the planet is bizarre. We've not even celebrated our first title in decades yet and now our owners are trying to get us expelled from the league! Maybe the players knew this shit was coming and that's why they bottled it in Madrid as what's the point. Absolute shambles. 

While I do think the league banishing is petty I can't say I disagree with the decision/threat. These owners need putting in their place, the club is bloody bigger than these pricks. 

To see our owners are one of the big driving forces behind this makes me sick. A competition without competition isn't a bloody competition. We all love the risk and reward of football, the highs and the lows. When you remove that you have nothing. 

48 minutes ago, Woody said:

Yes mate i do because deep down the national team is still the pinnicle. 

It should be but I honestly don’t think it is for most players. This ESL would soon become the pinnacle of world football and it would be where players want to play and if that means sacrificing the national team for a few years then I think that’s what they will do. Young players on the way up or players in there 30’s would become the stable of international football.

Of course what is likely to happen is that as a sweetener UEFA will be nominally given control of this Super League to smooth it all through much like it was always known as the FA Premiership when that was founded despite the FA having very little say in what happens. Domestic leagues will be reduced so that teams only play weekends and the ESL teams won’t play in the cups so that those left behind will play them midweek. The domestic leagues will become even more uncompetitive than they are now as the ESL clubs buy more players and effectively have two squads for domestic and ESL games and everyone will still pay for there TV subscriptions so that they can watch it all.

The think with the Premier league when it was set up, was that you could get promoted/relegated from it.

With this ESL you can't, currently anyway.

If the players are banned from playing in any other competition (domestic, European or worldwide) then no player will want to play in it.

If it goes through I can see a load of players leaving their clubs. Forcing a transfer out.

Did Jose get sacked because he complained or just because he wasn't doing well enough?

Just now, Ashez said:

What is today 😂

Its mental ha. 

Im hoping it is because he doesn't like the idea of the ESL, and will speak up about it. 

Either that, or Levy is just trying to sweep this under the carpet and tried to time it perfectly. 

5 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

It should be but I honestly don’t think it is for most players. This ESL would soon become the pinnacle of world football and it would be where players want to play and if that means sacrificing the national team for a few years then I think that’s what they will do. Young players on the way up or players in there 30’s would become the stable of international football.

Of course what is likely to happen is that as a sweetener UEFA will be nominally given control of this Super League to smooth it all through much like it was always known as the FA Premiership when that was founded despite the FA having very little say in what happens. Domestic leagues will be reduced so that teams only play weekends and the ESL teams won’t play in the cups so that those left behind will play them midweek. The domestic leagues will become even more uncompetitive than they are now as the ESL clubs buy more players and effectively have two squads for domestic and ESL games and everyone will still pay for there TV subscriptions so that they can watch it all.

I'm still clinging on to that soul of football(the magic as you will) but you maybe right. The FA and the governing body need to step up now.

It just pisses you off.

6 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Did Jose get sacked because he complained or just because he wasn't doing well enough?

Ive just read, not sure on how true it is, but apparently he had a blazing row with the club and refused to take the players onto the training pitch because of this new ESL. 

That's the reporter breaking that news. 

Screenshot_20210419_103234_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.de2d48e6cfde0df48ed72500a037c290.jpg

7 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

The think with the Premier league when it was set up, was that you could get promoted/relegated from it.

With this ESL you can't, currently anyway.

If the players are banned from playing in any other competition (domestic, European or worldwide) then no player will want to play in it.

If it goes through I can see a load of players leaving their clubs. Forcing a transfer out.

Apparently the Madrid bloke has said if they ban them from ITN that they'll just make their own WC and the like 😂

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's the reporter breaking that news. 

Screenshot_20210419_103234_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.de2d48e6cfde0df48ed72500a037c290.jpg

Apparently the Madrid bloke has said if they ban them from ITN that they'll just make their own WC and the like 😂

Who would of thought that out of all this, PSG & Jose Mourinho would end up looking like the good guys 😂

The odds on Klopp leaving Liverpool and become Newcastle manager have been slashed, he’s odds on now 👀

I can't help but think the Mourinho news was an attempt by Spurs to distract from their involvement in this, kind of knowing that JM was going to be off at some point but then that it has backfired as he knows how to play the press game so it looks like he has been sacked over principles rather that results, therefore protecting his reputation. Who knows?!

10 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

If there's no "big" 6 to object to the takeover it's time for cans!

I don't even want the takeover anymore.

The Super League proposal suggests that other than the 12 founding teams, none of which could be relegated  they'd invite other participants. IF Newcastle get big owners, with big pockets we might be asked to take part (not in the short term but if all goes to plan after a takeover I'd like to think we'd compete, at least).

Thanks, but no thanks. 

If the Jose story is true.

I wonder if any players will refuse to train/play.

Can you imagine if Kane or Messi or Ronaldo all say nope. This will be dead in the water.

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

This is brilliant.

Classic Levy trying to appease the fans. Honestly, all these people think we are idiots. 

17 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Just think how this could mess with FMM actually. 

All new licences and everything, not to mention the new "leagues" and so on. 

27 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

If the Jose story is true.

I wonder if any players will refuse to train/play.

Can you imagine if Kane or Messi or Ronaldo all say nope. This will be dead in the water.

Foden leaves our club and joins Celtic to form a holy formidable duo with Mikey Johnston. Griezmann and Werner up front and Barella in the middle. 😳

I’ve always looked Jose as an idol for manager and it has never been a bad thing. Proved it today.

2 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Surprised that the likes of Rashford hasn't come out and commented, considering his morals and values....

Me either. I really thought there will be a player that would speak up for this

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Me either. I really thought there will be a player that would speak up for this

It’s such an easy publicity piece that surely one will?