Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 minute ago, Rob said:

It’s such an easy publicity piece that surely one will?

It’s literally a few words on Twitter. Ole can’t really do anything much about it

Apparently the Jose "reason" is a hoax, it was decided Friday and is purely for results, nothing to do with the SL news. 

Why'd a player speak out yet? Don't forget these clubs are paying his wages. He's contracted to them. Anyone saying anything will have to be careful. 

I'd love Klopp to come out guns blaring today but I doubt it, I think he'll avoid the question. Personally starting to hope we just forfeit tonight and go on strike. But would players do that?

Seems harsh and also disruptive to pull the plug on Mourinho 6 days before a final. I could imagine a solid rearguard 1-0 victory and then part company with a thanks but no thanks or even if they did lose, point to the gap between the clubs... I think the timing is deliberate even if the decision was already made.

Agree on the player front @Ashez, I bet they know no more than us and their agents will be advising them to bite their tongue.

Screenshot_20210419_114807_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.7f935d3d253c4bb949122135d9e25b72.jpg

She's usually reliable for LFC news so we can assume they basically found out when we did. 

Just seen Ander Herrera has spoken out. Not as meaningful as PSG aren't in it but it's a start. 

Screenshot_20210419_115009_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.9d5e5ef61f06f3ddf10fd9cf6d0fbdec.jpg

I just think anyone in this mess ATM will be cautious of what they say. 

15 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Apparently the Jose "reason" is a hoax, it was decided Friday and is purely for results, nothing to do with the SL news. 

Why'd a player speak out yet? Don't forget these clubs are paying his wages. He's contracted to them. Anyone saying anything will have to be careful. 

I'd love Klopp to come out guns blaring today but I doubt it, I think he'll avoid the question. Personally starting to hope we just forfeit tonight and go on strike. But would players do that?

Cos of human decency? Plus it ain’t like other clubs wouldn’t pick them up if they got released. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Just think how this could mess with FMM actually. 

All new licences and everything, not to mention the new "leagues" and so on. 

I've already thinking of starting a new game with one thing in mind, severely punishing the ESL teams using the IGE lol.

Just a joke all this haha. Let them F*** OFF, we don't need them anyway, PL and UEFA should give them a huge points deduction and out and out fines up to millions, that will teach them a lesson. Yet another point that these clubs have no idea how to RUN a football club, absolutely disgusting, kick them out I say for good if it doesn't go through or relegate them all to the lowest part of the football league pyramid 

So its been confirmed that players in the Super League will NOT be allowed to play for their national teams. 

Prepare for a rocky road chaps, its about to get very messy with contracts & transfers. 

7 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

So its been confirmed that players in the Super League will NOT be allowed to play for their national teams. 

Prepare for a rocky road chaps, its about to get very messy with contracts & transfers. 

Oh no Ronaldo is only a handful of goals to hold the all time scoring record.

edit: for international duty 

Edited by Felix_is_king

The only bit of that, that doesn't sit right with me is 'New sports for elite clubs that failed to qualify' .

Thats the point of the Champions League. It is a competition you can qualify for. Also, what is classed as an 'Elite Club' especially with The Super League. 

Nottingham Forrest/Villa both have won the European Cup in the past, are we/they elite?!

The club I feel most disappointed in is Liverpool. YNWA and all that stuff - just outright lies, it seems. This whole thing is a disgrace. The whole lot of them should hang their heads.

13 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

The only bit of that, that doesn't sit right with me is 'New sports for elite clubs that failed to qualify' .

Thats the point of the Champions League. It is a competition you can qualify for. Also, what is classed as an 'Elite Club' especially with The Super League. 

Nottingham Forrest/Villa both have won the European Cup in the past, are we/they elite?!

Also a 36-team group but each team only plays 10 matches? Are they randomising the fixtures? It’s reminiscent of the Super League in that sense and I’m not quite sure how I feel about it. 

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

The club I feel most disappointed in is Liverpool. YNWA and all that stuff - just outright lies, it seems. This whole thing is a disgrace. The whole lot of them should hang their heads.

I’m quite disappointed with our lot as well @Rob. Seems like Dortmund will be my team of choice🤷🏽‍♂️

2 minutes ago, L_Dotz said:

Also a 36-team group but each team only plays 10 matches? Are they randomising the fixtures? It’s reminiscent of the Super League in that sense and I’m not quite sure how I feel about it. 

Apparently it will be based on UEFA Co-efficents so similar size teams play each other. 

Just now, JamesVilla said:

Apparently it will be based on UEFA Co-efficents so similar size teams play each other. 

Oh that’s not too bad then I suppose.

Just now, L_Dotz said:

I’m quite disappointed with our lot as well @Rob. Seems like Dortmund will be my team of choice🤷🏽‍♂️

And I ain’t saying it to wind people up. It’s more that I always view Liverpool sort of proudly, like they represent football properly. Levy has always been a greedy twat, as do the others. What a sad state!

There’s talk now of City, Chelsea, and Real being kicked out of this season’s CL. Perhaps it’s PSG’s year after all? 

2 hours ago, Rob said:

2 hours ago, Rob said:

And I ain’t saying it to wind people up. It’s more that I always view Liverpool sort of proudly, like they represent football properly. Levy has always been a greedy twat, as do the others. What a sad state!

I agree with both of these sentiments but it's not Liverpool. It's FSG and the owners, we've all been taken for a ride. 

https://theredmentv.com/18-04-2021-a-reality-check/

I liked that take on it all. 

1 minute ago, Rob said:

There’s talk now of City, Chelsea, and Real being kicked out of this season’s CL. Perhaps it’s PSG’s year after all? 

Good, that should of happened instantly. They can't do this and still think they get the prizes. 

Good point for us, we hit the bar before hand as well, thats us for another season. Well played Liverpool, and fair play to your manager! Class, heard Liverpool fans were burning shirts before the game? 

1 hour ago, leedsunited87 said:

Good point for us, we hit the bar before hand as well, thats us for another season. Well played Liverpool, and fair play to your manager! Class, heard Liverpool fans were burning shirts before the game? 

We were brilliant first half but once our legs went you were all over us. Our subs were late and didn't help, once again we fail to kill the game off. Leeds were excellent in the second half though so deserved a point.

29 minutes ago, Ashez said:

We were brilliant first half but once our legs went you were all over us. Our subs were late and didn't help, once again we fail to kill the game off. Leeds were excellent in the second half though so deserved a point.

Yes definitely especially after everything that's happened, both sides went for it. Great football