Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Granted, United were absolute horse manure tonight but that was a massive effort and one that I'm appreciative of. That's all I want. That effort and commitment. 

As always, I think we can be better with the ball and make better decisions and ultimately that has cost us three points but I'm proud of Joelinton and I'm proud of the performance overall.

12 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Granted, United were absolute horse manure tonight but that was a massive effort and one that I'm appreciative of. That's all I want. That effort and commitment. 

As always, I think we can be better with the ball and make better decisions and ultimately that has cost us three points but I'm proud of Joelinton and I'm proud of the performance overall.

That was F@€£ing brilliant!

Just finished watching the extended highlights. Fair result, looking at the match stats, we did ok apart from possession. There were a couple of times we looked like we could have just nicked the win. But I think any Newcastle fan would have been happy with a draw from that game before we played.

But we looked decent, just need a little bit of good luck and we could be on for a few more wins.

It sounds like we're struggling to put a team together for the Everton game so it could be postponed which would benefit us massively. Get another striker (to cover Wilson) and a new CD, plus an player who's preferred position is actually left back and is half decent there and I think we'll do ok.

I see you boys are linked to the Barcelona central defender who sounds like what I used to mumble when I opened Nuts magazine back in the day.

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

I see you boys are linked to the Barcelona central defender who sounds like what I used to mumble when I opened Nuts magazine back in the day.

Lenglet? Why would you mumble that?

Spoiler

I know you mean Umtiti (or mmmm Titties) 😁

Genuinely barely remember the game last night, went out and I was a little bit drunk. Will watch highlights back now, I think we looked good from what I remember 😂

On 25/12/2021 at 01:29, Ian said:

YNWA, lol and  lol again. Somewhat freed from that nonsense,

What's happened, has something turned you away from Liverpool?

2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

What's happened, has something turned you away from Liverpool?

Yeah, pretty much done with the sport to be honest and we’ll just have to leave it at that.

3 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Newcastle v Everton game called off due to COVID and injuries

Hopefully Southampton away on the 2nd will also be called off. Gives time for some players to get rid of niggly injuries and covid, fee new signings hopefully in as well as next game in PL won't be until 15th Jan 

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Yeah, pretty much done with the sport to be honest and we’ll just have to leave it at that.

Ooh, how mysterious of you. 

Looking forward to seeing us threaten the Premier League record score tonight vs your boys @billy2shots @broodje kip - City look different gravy whenever i watch them anyway, but with the defensive players we're missing, this could get farcical! 

24 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Looking forward to seeing us threaten the Premier League record score tonight vs your boys @billy2shots @broodje kip - City look different gravy whenever i watch them anyway, but with the defensive players we're missing, this could get farcical! 

Wouldn't surprise me if City fail to get 3 points. That's usually the way things go when title rivals drop points. 

2 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Bernardo to score a hat trick!

Well that was about 5 goals better than my wildest dreams. But still, no points. Oh well, only a resurgent Aston Vanilla next before, oh, Liverpool away.....

22 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Well that was about 5 goals better than my wildest dreams. But still, no points. Oh well, only a resurgent Aston Vanilla next before, oh, Liverpool away.....

You’ll probably be safe on 20 points considering the absolute shower that currently occupy the relegation zone :P

17 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Feel let down and not welcomed, and even after that it’s become a complete farce. Boxing is supposedly such a dirty sport yet plenty of people involved seem quite sane to me, probably know corruption when they see it.

44 minutes ago, samhardy said:

You’ll probably be safe on 20 points considering the absolute shower that currently occupy the relegation zone :P

There's a little gap between us and Leeds, Watford, Burnley, Newcastle and Norwich... reckon 1 of those 5 could overtake us but hopefully not 3. Hard to say who - obv the Geordies here are entitled to their optimism, but i called their struggles quite early on... next few weeks are massive. Burnley will probably be alright. I think we've shown we have enough about us through huge struggles (Raya and Ajer have been huge absences for us), and it sounds like we're willing to invest a little more in January, so 15th/16th and comfortable with a week or two to spare will do me fine. Then top half next year plus a cup, not too much to ask is it?!

18 minutes ago, Ian said:

Feel let down and not welcomed, and even after that it’s become a complete farce. Boxing is supposedly such a dirty sport yet plenty of people involved seem quite sane to me, probably know corruption when they see it.

We're certainly in an odd position having spent so much of our recent existence sneering at the top level, the preening primadonnas etc, and how we were Real Football. Now we're somehow at the top table, of course we don't want to leave. But it'll inevitably change the soul of the club if we hang around. 

I hadn't watched any live EPL for 4 or 5yrs prior to this year. So many players i had casual uninformed opinions on, then i see them in real life and think "oh wow, you're just a crybaby" - cos so many of them are. 

Anyway - there's undoubtedly a lot wrong with the sport. Sadly, that seems to be the way when game meets money. Pity if it's drained your love. But they'll only ever learn if we vote with our feet. Or more pertinently, these days, our eyes. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

We're certainly in an odd position having spent so much of our recent existence sneering at the top level, the preening primadonnas etc, and how we were Real Football. Now we're somehow at the top table, of course we don't want to leave. But it'll inevitably change the soul of the club if we hang around. 

I hadn't watched any live EPL for 4 or 5yrs prior to this year. So many players i had casual uninformed opinions on, then i see them in real life and think "oh wow, you're just a crybaby" - cos so many of them are. 

Anyway - there's undoubtedly a lot wrong with the sport. Sadly, that seems to be the way when game meets money. Pity if it's drained your love. But they'll only ever learn if we vote with our feet. Or more pertinently, these days, our eyes. 

Truly hope you can do well and that’s something I’ll look out for actually. Yeah, my love has gone and it has been brewing, so no knee jerk reaction really. Just can’t relate to the sport at the high end unfortunately and I think it’s done now. Even if things change going forward, I truly think it’s gone too far for me but never say never. Can’t think Liverpool will be for me again though and it is actually pretty heartbreaking 💔 tbh

4 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

There's a little gap between us and Leeds, Watford, Burnley, Newcastle and Norwich... reckon 1 of those 5 could overtake us but hopefully not 3. Hard to say who - obv the Geordies here are entitled to their optimism, but i called their struggles quite early on... next few weeks are massive. Burnley will probably be alright. I think we've shown we have enough about us through huge struggles (Raya and Ajer have been huge absences for us), and it sounds like we're willing to invest a little more in January, so 15th/16th and comfortable with a week or two to spare will do me fine. Then top half next year plus a cup, not too much to ask is it?!

I think (for me anyway) it was unbridled optimism a massive swing in the way the club was ran and how the players trained and played. It was just such a massive change you couldn't help but be swept up in it.

But I really do think we're in the middle of the relegation scrap, I just can't see us being that much better, even if we get new players in, it's not like playing this game where they all magically work, there's a bedding in time with players getting used to each other and how they all play, where they want a ball putting for them to run on to, etc.

If we survive it will be by the skin of our teeth, and it won't be because we were so much better than the other teams around us, but by them being just as bad or worse.

It's not like we're going to go on a 95-96 Man Utd style unbeaten run untill the end of the season and storm up the table.

Indeed @geordiekrispy- this recruitment drive is going to be very tricky. And i mentioned previously that a nice 8-game run would do the job, but to be fair that's nearly a quarter of a season, or half what's left! Very tricky to pull off. 

20 hours ago, samhardy said:

Behave ya self 😉

Screenshot_20211231-124907__01.thumb.jpg.05ea775b9cec6dc2b275b3370e42c6db.jpg

This is good news for us. Now a full two weeks to sign nee players and get them ready for two weeks team against Watford. I'm hoping for 6 new players in this window, 3/4 of who will be signed before the Watford Game