Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic European Football

Eoin

It'll be interesting to see how he does, after thinking about it I'm not surprised he wants the move, it's where he started his career and SLB keep selling his stars from under him, maybe at Sporting he'll be able to build something.

Freddy Adu has been dropped to KuPS second team in Finland. Adu's career isn't going well.. :D Saw him live and he did touch the ball two times (one turnover) and subtituted.

So finally update out that after having the worst season still Borussia Dortmund had the highest average attendance in the whole Europe that is 80,424!

Sad to see but they'll be a great save on 2016 for sure.

Serie D aren't playable on FMH or FM I believe :(.

Oh yeah, forgot Italy was C and above. I'll assume they'll be the next FC United (popular team to play as once promoted in second season).

So the fixtures are up for Bundesliga now....lets see who gets the second spot Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Mönchengladbach, Schalke or Leverkusen. Meanwhile congratulations to FC Bayern in advance for winning the league :D

ADU EXITS KUPS 

American forward Freddy Adu, 26, has terminated his contract with Finnish side KuPS.

That didn't last long. Wonder if that is it for him. Wish he would just come to England an start from league 1

ADU EXITS KUPS 

American forward Freddy Adu, 26, has terminated his contract with Finnish side KuPS.

That didn't last long. Wonder if that is it for him. Wish he would just come to England an start from league 1

Not good enough for League 1 

Who make the best transfers in BPL? My opinion is United. BASTIAN, Depay and morE.

Edited by vaxik

Who make the best transfers in BPL? My opinion is United. BASTIAN, Depay and morE.

We have a transfer thread for discussing this. Though United need big signings so probably will make the biggest that look good - athey have  lot of money and appeal to do this.

Delph changes his mind again and is now s city player for £8m. 

On the Sterling saga. On the face of it £49m (it only reaches that figure if we win the champions league) seems like a hell of a lot but when you break it down a little it seems about right. 

Bale €100m - sterling plus another 50% (£70-75m)

Torres £50m

andy Carrol £35m

Benteke £32m. He may score you more goals but Sterling will have more influence over the match. 

Luke Shaw £27m (rising to £32m) probably the closest example to RS, fairly raw having had a couple of decent seasons but yet to prove he is world class. 

In summary, British players will always cost more especially when bought from rival teams. Transfer fees have become bonkers in recent years and they are difficult to justify so you must make comparisons to the other deals of today. 

I remember our school canteen going crazy when the news broke Man Utd had signed Andy Cole for £7m lol. 

Two words to finish off. 

Juan Cuadrado 

Edited by billy2shots

Seriously who would have thought Matthias Ginter would be an awesome DR, in the game it's not even possible to play him as a DR and Henrikh Mikhitaryan could be a monster by playing as a AM/L ;)

What do you guys think about the bad start for Chelsea and Juventus? They are both ranked 16th and I was like "WOW" when I saw the league standings in England and Italy.

Is this the end for Mou?

My feeling is they'll both recover after their tough starts, but since the EPL is 2 games further along than Serie A more will be read into Chelsea's poor start compared with Juve. Their aging defence might also be a weakness that's harder to rectify in the short term. 

Mourinho's built up a lot of goodwill with Chelsea over the years including last season so it's unlikely they'll get rid of him after only 5 games

More like he will walk away.

How does the song go?

'When the going gets tough, Jose gets going' or something like that.

The man has a 3 year use by date and that is the reason Man U didn't hire him a few years ago. I think he is huge entertainment but he causes problems for himself creating issues where there is none. Starting a public argument with the doctor was insane at the time and even worse in hindsight. 

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

Why is Simeone complaining about the away goals rule and saying he wants it scrapped. He's the master of the two legged ties!

Think you jinxed him :P 

Ronaldo ?

6 hours ago, samhardy said:

Rangers knocked out of Europe by some Luxembourg part timers!

FC Progrès Niederkorn. Quality side tbf.

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

FC Progrès Niederkorn. Quality side tbf.

Yep a world class outfit. Gonna have to start following the Luxembourg Premier League from now on.

It's play off time in the European Qualifiers for the World Cup!

Here are the fixtures:

5a020f3f4e262_ScreenShot2017-11-07at2_51_01PM.thumb.png.27ddc1db1fa59f2354878bcaba5780c3.png

Anyone have any thoughts/predictions?

I Think:

Northern Ireland > Switzerland

Croatia > Greece

Denmark > Ireland

Sweden < Italy

I think Denmark have a strong shout with a good batch of youngsters available 

Italy had a tough group but I can’t see them losing to Sweden (sorry Zlat)

the other two are tough to call would like to see both Greece and NI get through but not sure