Jump to content
FMM Vibe
Putzy

News FMM18 Release Date Information

Recommended Posts

FM Mobile 2018 - Available for Download November 10th

 

Football Manager Mobile 2018 goes wherever you do, so you can win anytime and anywhere.

Offering a quick and accessible experience for managers on the move, Mobile lets you speed through your seasons whilst at the same time offering that authentic football experience – with all the top players and clubs featured from around the world.

Details of features and upgrades will drop in early November - we'll keep you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, you beat me to it by all of a minute (well, in terms of making a full thread). We're looking forward to seeing what you guys make of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alari said:

Ah, you beat me to it by all of a minute (well, in terms of making a full thread). We're looking forward to seeing what you guys make of it.

Sorry! :D

Wanted to get something posted on Social for us. I'll get things merged. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marc Duffy said:

ICYMI

FMM18
Details of features and upgrades will drop in early November. 


http://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2018

Not sure exactly when in November before anyone asks - it's not yet been decided.

 

Thanks Marc. I have to admit when I first read that I thought we would be getting the information on November 10th, then I read about the "combined" release date. So it's all a good surprise. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a massive step forward for the series! Great work SI lads :D

Shame the information is still some way off but hopefully we can get a solid hype train going! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Shame their is no discount for loyal FMM players like the PC version has.

Not really possible on any of the platforms at the moment unfortunately - though I can't guarantee we'd do it even if it were, that sort of thing is decided by people on the business side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Alari said:

Not really possible on any of the platforms at the moment unfortunately - though I can't guarantee we'd do it even if it were, that sort of thing is decided by people on the business side.

I can see your hands would be tied on this. Still really looking forward FMM and it's great it's being released same day as FM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Promising stuff. I've always been irritated by having to wait so long for FMM to be released and having to get my football management fix from FIFA career mode. This time I'm going to be spared the pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alari said:

FM Mobile 2018 - Available for Download November 10th

 

Football Manager Mobile 2018 goes wherever you do, so you can win anytime and anywhere.

Offering a quick and accessible experience for managers on the move, Mobile lets you speed through your seasons whilst at the same time offering that authentic football experience – with all the top players and clubs featured from around the world.

Details of features and upgrades will drop in early November - we'll keep you posted.

Looking forward to what you have in store this year. Any plans for a release night  stream again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Vaile23 said:

Looking forward to what you have in store this year. Any plans for a release night  stream again?

Hi, the stream wasn't SI Endorsed last year, however nice to see you enjoyed it. Now the release date has been set I will look into the options for this year's release on the Facebook Page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping that releasing it with the main game is a good sign, and that there will be more features on this that'll make it more similar to the main game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MasonT827 said:

I'm hoping that releasing it with the main game is a good sign, and that there will be more features on this that'll make it more similar to the main game

It's definitely a good thing in our opinion to go out with all the other games but feature set has no relationship with the main game. Our take on football management is meant to be a bit lighter so we try to take a different path in some areas (there are obvious similarities as we are both a management sim).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, craigibhoy said:

According to some sites like fourfourtwo, it said that the price of FMM could go up as others have gone up.

The price already had to rise during the FMM17 cycle due to the platform provider increases. We are not looking at increasing the price further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dec said:

Hi, the stream wasn't SI Endorsed last year, however nice to see you enjoyed it. Now the release date has been set I will look into the options for this year's release on the Facebook Page.

I'm happy to get involved again if needed. It was good fun last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MasonT827 said:

I'm hoping that releasing it with the main game is a good sign, and that there will be more features on this that'll make it more similar to the main game

FMM17 went up to £9.99 earlier in the year to match App price inflation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll gladly pay a ten for the game. Even 15€ tho.

If I look at how many time I spend enjoying the game, I'll gladly pay the price. It gives me more play time than more other games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand, I feel the "RRP" price should be what the game is currently priced at when it is on sale. It's far too expensive what what is offered in the game, especially with the yearly releases (close tie to the point that the last couple of years have been somewhat lacklustre changes on those releases.)

You're likely to get more casual purchasers to make up the shortfall, and as a side effect, people will "expect" less from the game, and possibly even enjoy it a bit more as they haven't paid as much for it. Less piracy as well. ;)

A freemium model would also be something worth looking into possibly - play one season for free (with ads in the match interface - shouldn't be difficult to make these look natural), then an in app purchase of £5.99 or something similar to unlock all future seasons for your current career and any others you play - effectively unlocking the full game.

Plenty of options that should be explored rather than "Oh, let's put it on the store at £9.99 and discount it to £6.99 on sale". It's a changing world out there in all of the app stores, and app developers (especially game developers) need to keep their eyes open for opportunities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Putzy said:

On the other hand, I feel the "RRP" price should be what the game is currently priced at when it is on sale. It's far too expensive what what is offered in the game, especially with the yearly releases (close tie to the point that the last couple of years have been somewhat lacklustre changes on those releases.)

You're likely to get more casual purchasers to make up the shortfall, and as a side effect, people will "expect" less from the game, and possibly even enjoy it a bit more as they haven't paid as much for it. Less piracy as well. ;)

A freemium model would also be something worth looking into possibly - play one season for free (with ads in the match interface - shouldn't be difficult to make these look natural), then an in app purchase of £5.99 or something similar to unlock all future seasons for your current career and any others you play - effectively unlocking the full game.

Plenty of options that should be explored rather than "Oh, let's put it on the store at £9.99 and discount it to £6.99 on sale". It's a changing world out there in all of the app stores, and app developers (especially game developers) need to keep their eyes open for opportunities.

I think most FMM players will disagree with you there. Other football management games such as Champ Man employ a freemium model and it's awful. We want football manager not a pain in the arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

I think most FMM players will disagree with you there. Other football management games such as Champ Man employ a freemium model and it's awful. We want football manager not a pain in the arse.

Hmm... I do disagree with most freemium models, but I fail to see how something like what I suggest above would be a pain? :P

It would be a single purchase, as of now, but gives you a free trial/demo of the game agreed of time. 

Still, I respect your opinion. I know it would be a polarising change. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'd hate a freemium model or DLC leagues and the like tbh. In truth I don't think a demo type release would work as IMO a lot of people would be happy with just the one season type demo as I'm not sure how many people play FMM all year around like we do, it feels like the more casual fans treat FMM like any other phone game/app. We see a lot of the backlash after release here, so if the game/demo releases with the issues it's had in the previous 4/5 games at launch people would see the demo and run for hills, as much as it annoys me SI are better off taking our money day one and fixing the game during the year. Don't get me wrong I'd love a solid day one release but i can't see that happening based on the previous years, I actually wonder how the same day release could impact this but I'm refusing to think negatively atm :P. The price has gone up so SI have to up their game and give us value for money, especially for a premium game in the App Store. Tbh one aspect of FMM that has never bothered me is the price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×