Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

35 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Congrats Foxy, if I’d have been sacked sooner it would have been a different story...maybe 😅 all the best in the semi finals against whoever. You’re fucked either way 

Cheers fella. I had a theory that the best way was score a few wins early then get sacked nice and quick once it all turns to crap but clearly there was a far better way to go about this challenge....

36 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Congrats Foxy, if I’d have been sacked sooner it would have been a different story...maybe 😅 all the best in the semi finals against whoever. You’re fucked either way 

@scratch99 you should be proud of the score you produced mate! Superb attempt, but how do you beat someone who produces these imaginary scores is beyond me! @samhardy @anfieldsquirrel Thanks for putting so much time and effort into hosting the event and creating the challenges, I know myself how hard and TIME CONSUMING it all is. 

A crying shame this

Thanks mate. To be honest, I think getting sacked in early Feb was a benefit to me. If I'd gone on much more the GD would have been a lot worse without many extra points. My next fixture was a 4th round FA Cup replay at home against Plymouth though. Would have been good to give that a shot.

Anyway, it was brutal and pretty happy with my result all things considered. Definitely would have needed some serious hot substances to do any better.

Congrats to all, but most importantly, as I bow out, I want to echo the thanks to @samhardy and @anfieldsquirrel for all their hard work in running this. Cheers fellas! I appreciate it a lot.

So here's a quick run through on how I did my save. There was a bit of luck involved in the cup definitely, I will admit that.

So when choosing my team, I chose Swansea mainly because they had 2 players which I was very interested in as wildcard players, that is Renato Sanches and Tammy Abraham, 2 players that from experience develops quite a bit as the season progresses. This is them at the end of the season:

2197d8df-52db-4239-967d-4d99b9b1e30f-ori

23344984-dbcc-4949-b177-143c60af8ffd-ori

My 3rd wildcard player, believe it or not, went to a goalkeeper, that is Fabianski. 

24a9c5c6-6a2a-44b4-83d0-4d8aa00355bf-ori

He's not really the best goalkeeper around, but I "wasted" a wildcard spot mainly because my thinking is that at the very least, I have a safe pair of hands behind the goal the entire season as compared to having 1 solid defender wildcard but every shot on target by my opponent goes into the net because the keeper is sure to decline and with that, so does his keeping skills.

I played a very very tight formation, a 4-1-2-1-2 with no wingers, and basically just cramming the centre of the pitch with players. A sample of the formation will be as such:

79fc4934-4174-4fa1-8457-a27bb9e3d7f4-ori

My thinking behind this is that with such formations, I will boss the midfield with sheer numbers. It worked, till the middle of the season when the pace and physicals as well as passing ability of my players were so bad that they started making mistakes and giving the ball to the opposition for free.

Sanches as a Box to Box midfielder as he has the stamina to do so, and I needed him everywhere on the pitch, from defending my useless defence to laying off passes to the strikers. Abraham as a advanced forward because yeah, the rest can't do anything useful so he has to create and score chances that he has as well.

And here are my fixtures:

59f5fd00-f341-4741-a959-540424900f63-ori

a0ed29cf-b3cc-4d71-9f96-0b6dc74c5450-ori

f23ae7d1-93e6-404e-a0d3-6db28069891d-ori

d0e394bf-7f99-486f-b620-43ea9bd5b81e-ori

629f5e3f-f249-4104-ac44-b428a7422606-ori

ac7ec073-a814-429f-b2f6-63dd011c3ced-ori

As you can see, the main brunt of my points came from the first half of the season, when the skills had not declined as badly yet. 31 of my 45 points came before the new year, with a couple of major scalps at home, and January wasn't too bad as my Jan transfers bolstered my weak squad and gave us some room to breathe. But then the skills of my players declined way to much and that was when we started to rot game after game. 

I made it to the Carabao Cup Final, but it had a lot to do with chance in my opinion:

2nd Round: Portsmouth (L1)

3rd Round: QPR (Championship)

4th Round: Wolves (Championship)

1/4 Finals: Stoke (Premier League)

So we got lower league opposition and then a rather weak Stoke in the quarters, giving us an easy route to the Semis.

Then we got Man City in the semi finals, and I thought to myself that was it. But we somehow scored the first goal and of all the games, Fabianski decided it was a good time to become an iron wall and thus gave me a rather odd 1-0 win. The second leg saw Man City literally siege us, but they had woeful finishing and courtesy of me parking the bus, we managed to draw 1-1 when a long pass from my defence found Tammy who scored for us.

But that was literally the story of my life, for most matches once I got ahead, I just went to full park the bus mode, and if they equalise and I feel that I can win them, I change back to attacking again, before parking the bus once more once I regained the lead. It didn't work come February though, and I only managed to get the odd win here and there :( 

Transfers wise, if you want to see which players I got, here they are:

3bcf7151-f9fa-4319-8414-9d59348bd294-ori

9f4f145b-e470-45c3-a29d-3fc74e568bbf-ori

a19d6f0e-39c6-4d37-8aba-160bb7bb62b0-ori

Quite a number of well known names inside, and I must admit I lucked out when I managed to get Barton and Villa in the Jan window as they initially were not willing to join, but changed their minds when their clubs transfer listed them in the Jan window.

So yeah thats from me, a mixture of good selection and luck really!

33 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Thanks mate. To be honest, I think getting sacked in early Feb was a benefit to me. 

This is where I got bummed. Didn’t get sacked until April with three games to go. No idea why as I was rotting in 19th with a -52 or something GD. Had I been sacked in January I’d have been on positive points

42 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

This is where I got bummed. Didn’t get sacked until April with three games to go. No idea why as I was rotting in 19th with a -52 or something GD. Had I been sacked in January I’d have been on positive points

When Sam gave me a preview of the challenge I said I doubt anyone would get past January, boy how wrong was i. 

34 minutes ago, Ashez said:

When Sam gave me a preview of the challenge I said I doubt anyone would get past January, boy how wrong was i. 

You were way out apparently Ashez! 

50 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Amazingly I would have been sacked in January but I transferred in 7-8 35+ fresh players, released some useless ones ,and we got back in form again..my most appeared oldie only played around 35 games...

After 3 months(around march),their attributes went bad again and we began to lose again....

I also remembered praising them once in a while to increase their morale and few players collected new contracts..

And lastly, I want to appreciate the great and mighty hot substance🍵🍵,keep up the good work...

35 minutes ago, Damilare said:

Amazingly I would have been sacked in January but I transferred in 7-8 35+ fresh players, released some useless ones ,and we got back in form again..my most appeared oldie only played around 35 games...

After 3 months(around march),their attributes went bad again and we began to lose again....

I also remembered praising them once in a while to increase their morale and few players collected new contracts..

And lastly, I want to appreciate the great and mighty hot substance🍵🍵,keep up the good work...

Are you keeping a straight face when you type all of that?

@Foxy & @Nucleus great round guys, congrats @Foxy for the win (altough looking at the other results, I don't think I should be congratulating you) ;)

@PriZe, @samhardy & @scratch99 for the sane people around here, you guys are the winners in this round, so congrats with those great scores ;)

@anfieldsquirrel & @samhardy thanks for hosting the CC and these great challenges, you guys did a fantastic job ;)

Spoiler

The only thing is some people have no respect for your efforts and screw a great thing up with such ridiculous  scores :O:(

4 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

IT IS NOT REAL.

I’ll leave the judgement to his own conscience. No comments on my end

Edited by chewkaiwen
15 hours ago, chewkaiwen said:

I’ll leave the judgement to his own conscience. No comments on my end

93 points doesn’t seem a bit mad to you?

17 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

93 points doesn’t seem a bit mad to you?

Its insane, thats my honest thought. But even if he did cheat, he probably won't be admitting so its pointless waste time accusing him and all.  Don't understand why one would cheat at all here, its not like there is a prize really up for grasp and its sorta a gentleman agreement to play the game fairly and abide by the rules set up by the game masters.

3 minutes ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

We can't prove that he has cheated mate.

Unfortunately not, but we can all speculate which I’m guessing is what 99% of Vibe is doing right now on a few of these scores. All I can say on the matter is that I could play that challenge a 1000 times over and I wouldn’t ever come close to a score of 40, let alone 50. So 93 is obviously on another echelon of stupidity. I wouldn’t even come close to 20 to be honest! The way the challenge is designed is just impossible to get a high score in it. 93 would be a good score if the players were all on full training for crying out loud.

Initially,i was not sure whether the  "not real" complement by @Rob2017 was for my score but now it's confirmed this morning that it was all about me...

I praise @samhardy for showing screenshot of one of my most appeared oldie.. A player with full training obviously would not have those useless stats and this declining training progressScreenshot_2018-09-16-17-16-40.png.ec7e3252699d539f6e75968779f3d39c.png.811b46a4bd53efcb97c51bd04c326444.pngi asked before starting the challenge for the meaning of "no training" and I was told to change all of them to fitness and on the fitness page,they should be changed to none...

To be sincere,when the results came out,I was shocked thinking maybe I made a mistake while reading the rules,and then I went back to read the rules once again but I did exactly as was instructed,or are we not allowed to sell/release/demote a very useless oldie and replace with a new one in January transfer window??

@samhardy can I retake the challenge with another team and post the post the results on this thread for everyone to see?

25 minutes ago, Damilare said:

Initially,i was not sure whether the  "not real" complement by @Rob2017 was for my score but now it's confirmed this morning that it was all about me...

I praise @samhardy for showing screenshot of one of my most appeared oldie.. A player with full training obviously would not have those useless stats and this declining training progressScreenshot_2018-09-16-17-16-40.png.ec7e3252699d539f6e75968779f3d39c.png.811b46a4bd53efcb97c51bd04c326444.pngi asked before starting the challenge for the meaning of "no training" and I was told to change all of them to fitness and on the fitness page,they should be changed to none...

To be sincere,when the results came out,I was shocked thinking maybe I made a mistake while reading the rules,and then I went back to read the rules once again but I did exactly as was instructed,or are we not allowed to sell/release/demote a very useless oldie and replace with a new one in January transfer window??

@samhardy can I retake the challenge with another team and post the post the results on this thread for everyone to see?

Just out of curiosity can i see evras stats?

New user so not a expert on the challenge cup but have a reasonable idea of what it is but would love a quick explanation as well please?

7 minutes ago, BenDTner said:

Just out of curiosity can i see evras stats?

New user so not a expert on the challenge cup but have a reasonable idea of what it is but would love a quick explanation as well please?

Screenshot_2018-09-16-17-16-17.png.c3bd99831df49c6bd490d283e2ba1b3b.png.cd4a16f7d794a3a8a3b54529986c3159.png

This is how evra looked like at the end of the season...

1 minute ago, Damilare said:

Screenshot_2018-09-16-17-16-17.png.c3bd99831df49c6bd490d283e2ba1b3b.png.cd4a16f7d794a3a8a3b54529986c3159.png

This is how evra looked like at the end of the season...

Wow it looks worst than it really is many 9s which are pretty much blues with full training he would still be half decent

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

If you really want to but the semi final challenge will be up tomorrow.

I am keen to try this challenge and see how I stack up against the finalists for my own ego

52 minutes ago, BenDTner said:

I am keen to try this challenge and see how I stack up against the finalists for my own ego

Go for it mate. Good to see newbies taking the plunge.

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

Go for it mate. Good to see newbies taking the plunge.

Really enjoying the challenges recently as I am doing ok with my 1k challenge as well 

for this one I feel that gd is everything so my oldies are parking the bus and sending long balls to eto and shaqiri