Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

Just started the career and this hit me: how on earth this players will get me Champions League qualification when they barely run... and die after they run half of the pitch? 🤣

I can see someone sacked this week, hope not me 🤞

4 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Done. This tine for real 😁

I sent mine earlier, is it true we get an automatic win if we send ours in before George?

Wow!  Tough challenge this week and I expect most people will be sacked! I think you would have to cheat to win the league on this one! 

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

Wow!  Tough challenge this week and I expect most people will be sacked! I think you would have to cheat to win the league on this one! 

Im on my way to a clean sweap as well 😉

this has been great event and it’s nice to see fresh faces take part instead of usual people i honest dont know how you all cope with such a challenge though.

25 minutes ago, Stuttgartsteve said:

this has been great event and it’s nice to see fresh faces take part instead of usual people i honest dont know how you all cope with such a challenge though.

It was a doozy Mr Stuttgart. Can't see anyone getting a plus score on this one.

Edited by Woody

Vibe Premier League 2021, Week 9 Results

Before I get into revealing the results I want to thank everyone who has taken part in this tournament, everyone who has read and enjoyed it and also I suppose a small bit of credit must go to @FuddledFox for his input throughout and helping the event run smoothly. Only a small bit though. It has been a lot of fun to run and hopefully you all enjoyed playing the challenges and if you were watching on then laughing at the struggles of the participants.

For 4 people though the tournament isn’t over yet. We already know that Broodje, Woody and Rich have qualified for the final 4 but there was one spot left which looked like it was between Ian and George although miracles could have happened to allow Villa or Smog in.

It’s safe to say miracles happened but how did these affect the league table? Here’s a reminder of the fixtures.

image.png.df9473033405fd277c604848f2b959b5.png

Kane couldn’t get a score to me this week as he was busy but he was the only participant left who couldn’t qualify so it doesn’t affect anything.

This challenge was deliberately set as an absolute brute that I first hand know how tough it is having been sacked taking it on myself just a couple of years ago albeit with a different points system. In fact that round was a semi final and everyone attempting it got sacked with none of us getting past March and poor old @Taff was killed by the challenge.

With that in mind let’s take a look at this week’s results in ascending order.

7. @Woody

The Potteries Pele has already qualified for the playoffs and self-admittedly he got a few games in and thought “fuck it I’m through anyway”. It’s easy to see why looking at this league table. A disaster of epic proportions although not entirely unexpected.

image.png.e4c10f9a193ed198d66a2f3491c8dd7e.png

How did he last so long?!

6. @smoggy90

Smog and Woody had their own competition this week as to who could perform so badly yet inexplicably keep their job for the longest period of time. I think it’s already becoming obvious that this will be a case of who can grind out the most results before being sacked. There will be no miracle for Smog despite this total of -84 somehow being enough for a win.

image.png.8925db929c3997069875655cc8c9ee85.png

5. @Ian

Huge result here as the crunch match between Ian and George sees its first piece of action. Ian improved considerably on Woody and Smog in terms of points but not in terms of league position as he was given his marching orders at the same time of the season as the others. Door open for George potentially although I would say Ian was only slightly below the average score here.

image.png.212545c34bfdabbdf21a5a8a552e600f.png

4. @Rich

The top spot was up for grabs this week and it’s obvious that it isn’t going to be Woody who gets that now after his submission. Well it’s not Rich either as we see our 4th consecutive bottom place and sacked screenshot. Rich actually managed to keep a somewhat respectable defence though meaning his total of -34 wasn’t all that bad this week.

image.png.dbb474f2893e6be9555819e6b330c063.png

3. @JamesVilla

I don’t know exactly where Villa was in the table when he was sacked but he got to April and won 10 games in what looks like a very reasonable effort to me. Just the 71 goals conceded in all competitions which for this challenge isn’t bad and his score of -31 takes a comfortable win over Woody. So Villa ends his season on a high note but not the ultimate high as there was no miracle in the other results.

image.jpeg.069386791094fa9f6e386e7b89124a94.jpeg

So it can now be confirmed that @George Traistă has pipped Ian to 4th place so congratulations to him. Let’s take a look at how he did it and how many points he managed to sneak out before being sacked.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.b04a88f5a4288ed6d562e8bd025d1321.jpeg

:O

I imagine eyes are being rubbed and mouths are opening wide across the globe here and there are reports of people fainting. George knocks out the league title and pulls out a season that myself and Foxy never thought was possible. He scored 94 goals in all competitions and conceded less than a goal a game with 45 in 50. He also went on a 12 game unbeaten run at one stage of the season and had a squad average age of 33 giving him a final total of 78, 109 points ahead of the next closest which was Villa on -31.

But it gets better than that.

@broodje kip has topped the league this season and has gone through the campaign unbeaten and it’s safe to say this week was the icing on the cake. He must have done something remarkable to be better than George.

image.png.0b52d5d8b25a0a5c46ff79cf65dd0e8c.png

On first sight this isn’t actually as good as George’s league campaign but there are other ways to score points this week and that’s for the longest unbeaten run so prepare yourselves for a screenshot for the ages.

image.png.676ffe69516cf369220e7db7f77ecf81.png

For those that haven’t seen it yet you are looking at a 55 game unbeaten run. I have no words for this. He only played 61 games in total and secured the Europa League title, an Italian Cup final and that mammoth streak. He scores 110 meaning the final gap between best and worst score this week was 210 points.

Final Scores

• broodje kip - 110
  • George Traista - 78
  • JamesVilla - -31
  • Rich - -34
  • Ian - -46
  • smoggy90 - -84
  • Woody - -100
  • Kanegan - N/A

Results, Week 9

@Woody 0-2 @JamesVilla

@Ian 1-3 @George Traistă

@Kanegan 0-1 @smoggy90

@broodje kip 3-2 @Rich

So Broodje obviously secures top spot after that display and gains a spot directly into the final of this year’s VPL. Woody finishes 2nd and will enter at the semi final stage where he will play Rich or George for the chance to meet Broodje in the final. Ian is kicked out of the playoffs at the final hurdle thanks to his opponent’s wonder season whilst Villa and Smog ended their campaigns with a win on the board. Kane finishes 8th.

image.thumb.png.738fadbf6ce52758c7b45d0f5d3c6766.png

And here is the tournament tree for the final stage.

image.png.63ccde4db90a74dac0a0158ff5379d46.png

Big thank you to @samhardy and @FuddledFox for running a fantastic competition. Disappointed to be bowing out but I’ve not been up to scratch this time around. 
Few very interesting results in that last round. I couldn’t win a game yet alone string any kind of unbeaten run together. 

Firstly, great write up @samhardy.

Secondly, well done on an honest overall weekly victory @JamesVilla. Brilliant score. You beat some top notch Vibers there.

Thirdly, @George Traistă and @broodje kip anything you want to admit to before I go in at you with both barrels about your ‘performance’? Cos your scores look absolutely ridiculous... and not in a good way.

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

Thirdly, @George Traistă and @broodje kip anything you want to admit to before I go in at you with both barrels about your ‘performance’? Cos your scores look absolutely ridiculous... and not in a good way.

yes this is right and im sorry to say those scores dont look right to me even if im not this good at fmm surely the right thing is @George Traistă and @broodje kip must admit mistakes and withdraw them or maybe @samhardy must remove them. this has annoyed me as this event looked so good and honest up to this point and i thought they were good members