Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

4 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I mostly got them as attackers or sometimes CM but with dark green or yellow at striker or winger.

Your sons have always turned out to me mine on the game.

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

Some father you are

I’m sat here wondering if I have any chance of getting a son on my only current long term save and if I do get one I promise to use him for something. 

32 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Do you have the editor? Then you can check their real potential rather than the bullshit coach report.

Nope. He should turn out alright but I would've preferred a striker or AMC 

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I never knew this is possible 😮

F6101D1E-0B16-4A58-B950-270FA02B8CDC.thumb.png.de106505e0cdc723c01051775f1322b3.png

I've had that a bit over the years. Obviously more often with smaller nations than big ones, but even with big ones from time to time..

E9952D0F-77A7-41FA-9CD8-EF729665E01D.thumb.png.8502b901fad2eda8485926e0429be719.pngSo nothing new here, Sunderland still in league 1.

ADE37854-5BFA-4214-876D-761FDDB4C33B.thumb.png.1e97622dda797ef1631dfbc7bc5ad242.png

But there 9 places ahead of Newcastle in league 1, with Joelinton with only 6 goals 😂

Bet thats a nice image for you @samhardy😁

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

E9952D0F-77A7-41FA-9CD8-EF729665E01D.thumb.png.8502b901fad2eda8485926e0429be719.pngSo nothing new here, Sunderland still in league 1.

ADE37854-5BFA-4214-876D-761FDDB4C33B.thumb.png.1e97622dda797ef1631dfbc7bc5ad242.png

But there 9 places ahead of Newcastle in league 1, with Joelinton with only 6 goals 😂

Bet thats a nice image for you @samhardy😁

That’ll be reality in a few years.

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

That’ll be reality in a few years.

We’re going to see @Rich being no longer exists and suddenly a new Welsh guy supporting Everton joining us.

5 hours ago, broodje kip said:

We’re going to see @Rich being no longer exists and suddenly a new Welsh guy supporting Everton joining us.

Usually happens around July, so you got a few months of “Rich” left yet.

On 13/02/2021 at 15:33, brkfkr said:

Hello to everyone. Anyone have any tactical suggestions for Leicester City?

I found Leicester works best with a solo striker.  I planned ahead and brought in a young striker to replace Vardy, but Vardy surprised me and asked to be retrained as an AMC half way through the season.

I played 4-3-3, with two inside forwards Maddison and Barnes, Vardy as the Pressing Forward. Ndidi (BWM) in middle of Praet (B2B) and Tielemans(RP).  Bought a new LB (Mendes) to play as LWB, rotated the CBs (Evans, Fofana and Soyunchu), with either Castagne or Perriera as FB/IWB at RB.  IWB if opposition had an AMC.

Played Contain, Narrow width, narrow tempo, expressive
High defensive line, close down all over, offside off, time wasting off.
Overlap on, Shoot on sight on, run at defense on, mixed passing, mixed focus, short GK distro.

Has anyone done a goalscoring challenge using just free agents (as the main striker). Was thinking about it last night, perhaps a 1kc, with every season/2nd season using a new player but they have to be a free agent?

1 minute ago, JamesVilla said:

Has anyone done a goalscoring challenge using just free agents (as the main striker). Was thinking about it last night, perhaps a 1kc, with every season/2nd season using a new player but they have to be a free agent?

I’ve been thinking of ways of doing a different kind of 1k challenge but hadn’t thought about, pretty good idea that. Would keep things interesting for sure 😁

12 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

I did this last year. 

38 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

I think @smoggy90 did a DT with a free agent once

It’s probably been asked before

I’m starting a save with Valencia in Spain. In the first team squad there are 6 goalkeepers and lots of other youth players. In other leagues I can move them to the reserves but in Spanish league this doesn’t look possible. I’ve tried sending them out on loan but they still appear on the first team list and can’t be moved 

39 minutes ago, neesy said:

It’s probably been asked before

I’m starting a save with Valencia in Spain. In the first team squad there are 6 goalkeepers and lots of other youth players. In other leagues I can move them to the reserves but in Spanish league this doesn’t look possible. I’ve tried sending them out on loan but they still appear on the first team list and can’t be moved 

You should be able to move them to the second team, so either there's some sort of bug or your second team is already full (ie has 40 players). I know with some teams they have full second teams at the start and you need to release some of the second team to make room to demote players. Hopefully it's just that.

14 minutes ago, Scratch said:

You should be able to move them to the second team, so either there's some sort of bug or your second team is already full (ie has 40 players). I know with some teams they have full second teams at the start and you need to release some of the second team to make room to demote players. Hopefully it's just that.

Cheers Scratch that’s working perfect now, released some of the second team to make space 

14 minutes ago, neesy said:

Cheers Scratch that’s working perfect now, released some of the second team to make space 

Great! They really should give you some sort of message so you don't have to learn the hard way that these limits exist!  

So, someone on the SI Games site raised the issue of players losing some attribute points right after moving to your club and I chipped in with what I'd noticed (that the 0-255 attribute values themselves don't change, just the 0-20 display values) and then Marc gave this long response:

(if you don't want to understand the inner workings of the game then look away now ;) )

As I mentioned most of this happens through 'form' and 'training.' largely.

Players have a hidden attribute named 'ability_offset.' This acts as a 'form' / 'settling' variable for players and affects how they behave and are seen in game. It's applied to their 'current_ability' in the game and can push their attributes slightly up or down depending on their situation.

When a player joins a new club it can often shift things slightly as they are required to settle into the club, if this is above a certain negative level then you'll see a message pop up on their profile indicating that they're 'settling into the club'. This is a warning that they might not perform to their usual potential. 

Normally this will balance itself out after a while, but as in real-life sometimes it can become a self fulfilling situation where someone starts badly so loses faith in himself which means he continues to play badly ... this is especially the case with players with low determination.

The other aspect training will be especially visible when a player moves between levels - if you are a Premiership club and buy a player from a minor club then he'll step up in training level and often his stats will rise slightly within a short period because he's being pushed harder than before (also vice versa will happen). 

In both cases the underlying stats for the player don't change - however the visible profile does so you're aware of his current situation.

These DO affect his in-match performances, but not his 'center' (ie. he can recover to his real situation or fall to it).

The worst case for these sorts of things as a purchasing club is that there is a hot wonderkid in the lower leagues who is ripping things up, he has a huge positive offset so his attributes look boosted ... you buy him and he doesn't have the mental strength to handle being at a big club so loses that positive offset and it goes negative ... all of a sudden your wonder kid is a wonder flop ...

(whereas in reality he's probably somewhere in between - might not be the superstar you hoped, but will probably end up being a reasonable kid ... then again perhaps you just judged totally wrong, it happens ...)

I'm not sure I understand it all 100% yet, but the key points are: 

• The attribute drop is because they are settling in to a new club
  • It does affect their in-match performances
  • Often they'll settle in and get the attribute points back
  • But some players can't hack it and they might not recover.

So we finally have some official info on this and it is actually supposed to be like this.

Edited by Scratch
29 minutes ago, Scratch said:

So, someone on the SI Games site raised the issue of players losing some attribute points right after moving to your club and I chipped in with what I'd noticed (that the 0-255 attribute values themselves don't change, just the 0-20 display values) and then Marc gave this long response:

So we finally have some official info on this and it is actually supposed to be like this.

This is something I just wish they got rid of, does my head in 😂

Thank you for letting us know Scratch 😁

35 minutes ago, Scratch said:

It makes sense to me as that’s what I found last year. I have a few systems that require certain numbers for some attributes otherwise the system kind of falls apart and that’s what was happening.

On 15.02.2021 at 12:20, SK15Kev said:

Leicester'ın tek bir forvetle en iyi sonucu verdiğini buldum. Önceden planladım ve Vardy'nin yerine genç bir forvet getirdim, ancak Vardy beni şaşırttı ve sezonun ortasında bir AMC olarak yeniden eğitilmeyi istedi.

İki iç forvet Maddison ve Barnes, Vardy Presing Forward olarak 4-3-3 oynadım. Praet (B2B) ve Tielemans'ın (RP) ortasında Ndidi (BWM). LWB olarak oynamak için yeni bir LB (Mendes) satın aldı, CB'leri (Evans, Fofana ve Soyunchu), Castagne veya Perriera ile RB'de FB / IWB olarak değiştirdi. Muhalefetin bir AMC'si varsa IWB.

Oynanış Sınırlama, Dar genişlik, dar tempolu, etkileyici
Yüksek savunma hattı, her yeri kapatma, ofsayt, zaman kaybı.
Örtüşme, Gördüğünde ateş etme, savunmada koşma, karışık pas, karışık odak, kısa GK dağıtımı.

Thanks bro

I just found this in the same conversation as the one @Scratch posted, I guess it should explain why @Chris often found his team lacking form in December.

Just to mention something else in case you're interested - during matches the weather (and pitch condition specifically) affects how players perform, for instance on a muddy pitch players won't get to use their full pace and acceleration above a certain level (ie. that 20 pace player might be restricted to 18 pace because its hard to slog through the mud) ... similarly with regards to snow etc. ... each will have an effect on the performance of players and the likely effectiveness of tactics.

Likely attributes affected by weather/pitch conditions - Passing, Pace, Acceleration, Stamina, Agility, Work Rate, Consistency (certain conditions will drop consistency for all players slightly).

It's also worth noting that a players mental statistics will come into play with certain weather types, ie. determination is important if you're playing in adverse weather conditions - if its a snowy day in sub-zero temperatures in the North East of England then your striker with 1 determination might find his work-rate is lower than normal whereas your hard-bitten midfielder with 20 determination won't care.

This is why people who try to play certain tactical styles might find life hard during certain months of the year (do bear in mind this is mitigated somewhat by the size of club/stadium - ie. undersoil heating is presumed for larger stadiums).

29 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I just found this in the same conversation as the one @Scratch posted, I guess it should explain why @Chris often found his team lacking form in December.

Beat me to it! 😄

Found this bit interesting: "This is why people who try to play certain tactical styles might find life hard during certain months of the year" - so that might explain why it happens more for some people than others...

23 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Beat me to it! 😄

Found this bit interesting: "This is why people who try to play certain tactical styles might find life hard during certain months of the year" - so that might explain why it happens more for some people than others...

Yeah I think that’s why I haven’t had much problem because my setup uses slow passing that doesn’t need much pace.