Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

3 hours ago, R.RSCA said:

I want to buy FM Mobile but I have 2 questions.

1) is it true that it is really easy to get a good team and good results?
2) is the game a bit realistic?

I really would like to know this, because I like to play a football game that is a bit challenging and realistic... 

thanks. 

It depends on your experience. The more you play the easier it gets.

3 hours ago, R.RSCA said:

I really would like to know this, because I like to play a football game that is a bit challenging and realistic... 

thanks. 

What football games have you previously played? I personally don’t think FMM is very challenging, but I’ve been playing the mobile/handheld version for a decade. No game is difficult for a veteran player. For a new player it might prove challenging at first. As for realism - there’s no football game more realistic (other than the PC version).

Personally I think buying FMM is a no brainer every year - it’s the cost of eating out one lunchtime or the cost of a couple of coffees and it can keep you entertained for many hours all year around. 

Edited by Jack
8 minutes ago, Jack said:

What football games have you previously played? I personally don’t think FMM is very challenging, but I’ve been playing the mobile/handheld version for a decade. No game is difficult for a veteran player. For a new player it might prove challenging at first. As for realism - there’s no football game more realistic (other than the PC version).

Personally I think buying FMM is a no brainer every year - it’s the cost of eating out one lunchtime or the cost of a couple of coffees and it can keep you entertained for many hours all year around. 

Agreed especially if you’re active in the Vibe. It’ll make you push the game to its limit.

7 hours ago, broodje kip said:

It depends on your experience. The more you play the easier it gets.

Sometimes even experience doesnt help.

Ive been playing this game for soo long and i still struggle. 

11 minutes ago, Woody said:

I agree, With my current Villa game, at times, it feels like I haven’t played the game before with how I’m doing 😂

I think the game is as hard as you want it to be, all depends on what kind of challenge you want, you can make the game very hard, start lower league, don’t spend any money throughout your career etc.

There’s plenty of challenges on here that will get you in to the game 😂

1 hour ago, Woody said:

47 minutes ago, Rich said:

I agree, With my current Villa game, at times, it feels like I haven’t played the game before with how I’m doing 😂

I think the game is as hard as you want it to be, all depends on what kind of challenge you want, you can make the game very hard, start lower league, don’t spend any money throughout your career etc.

I mean when playing the game in normal way like every casual does. RTG with non-league teams get a lot better the more I play. Challenges though, never change 😂

50 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think if you go 433 or 4321 the chances are you'll have a tactic thats going to win you lots of trophies.

Ita finding that "different" way of playing that makes it harder.

The difficulty is in how you want to approach the game. 

Has anyone encountered this before? Lost my best defensive player because his contract is up on 6 months because of a Bosman, no problem with that because it’s my own fault for not checking contracts etc. But the next day he’d signed with the team! Not in a transfer window so there’s no way I’ve accepted an offer etc. Very annoying... 708EECAA-0B96-4EA0-B89F-C90C9A775D6F.thumb.png.0512608cafcce6af39ec5595063ad3c1.png60E4CB4D-8738-4DDD-910A-B099DBF34B66.thumb.png.bc6c3dc230983a146b58247f74d8e1b8.png3B957D6F-79B9-4555-9822-AA68BAD4B7AF.thumb.png.32272a23515407f978410d4e02c994cd.png

22 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Has anyone encountered this before? Lost my best defensive player because his contract is up on 6 months because of a Bosman, no problem with that because it’s my own fault for not checking contracts etc. But the next day he’d signed with the team! Not in a transfer window so there’s no way I’ve accepted an offer etc. Very annoying... 708EECAA-0B96-4EA0-B89F-C90C9A775D6F.thumb.png.0512608cafcce6af39ec5595063ad3c1.png60E4CB4D-8738-4DDD-910A-B099DBF34B66.thumb.png.bc6c3dc230983a146b58247f74d8e1b8.png3B957D6F-79B9-4555-9822-AA68BAD4B7AF.thumb.png.32272a23515407f978410d4e02c994cd.png

Never had that before. Not sure what happened maybe a bug.

Anyway, it’s your first post since 2018 so welcome back!

24 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

That is really weird and annoying, haven’t seen it myself!

Welcome back 👍

1 minute ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

I’ve been trying to keep my return secret ;) cheers lads 

I’ve been seeing you online for almost 2 weeks already though :laugh:

I've just started a new game, and I've got 4 leagues loaded (mostly down to 2nd/3rd division in each league) now all of a sudden, for the first time i am getting loads of inbox messages about other clubs; 

sacking managers

protest against managers

buying players

interest in players. 

The player ones are not ones i have shortlisted or scouted. 

Any idea how to turn this off at all ha?

1 minute ago, JamesVilla said:

I've just started a new game, and I've got 4 leagues loaded (mostly down to 2nd/3rd division in each league) now all of a sudden, for the first time i am getting loads of inbox messages about other clubs; 

sacking managers

protest against managers

buying players

interest in players. 

The player ones are not ones i have shortlisted or scouted. 

Any idea how to turn this off at all ha?

go to your inbox to the screen where all the emails are in a list, and click the button thats says filter. Select club and reserve team, and if that doesn't work I have no idea

Just now, Albionic said:

go to your inbox to the screen where all the emails are in a list, and click the button thats says filter. Select club and reserve team, and if that doesn't work I have no idea

Cheers mate. Never had this many messages come through about other clubs before so was unsure what had happened. 

2 hours ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

yeah i've had that happen to me once, but think it might even have been way back on FMM19... left me in the lurch a bit. must be a bug.

18 hours ago, R.RSCA said:

thanks. 

As others have said it's as easy or difficult as you make it. Lots of challenges to do if you get bored with standard careers, or try and come up with an out there style of play.

There's a lot to do if you want to. All depends how you approach it.

6 hours ago, Woody said:

I think if you go 433 or 4321 the chances are you'll have a tactic thats going to win you lots of trophies.

Ita finding that "different" way of playing that makes it harder.

The difficulty is in how you want to approach the game. 

I always try to have a base system then tweak it with each year. I've gone back to one I've used for a while and just tweaked it slightly again this time around.

I still like to test other ones from people on here but my own base one is what I use for actual careers.

1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

I always try to have a base system then tweak it with each year. I've gone back to one I've used for a while and just tweaked it slightly again this time around.

I still like to test other ones from people on here but my own base one is what I use for actual careers.

At the end of the day it can only be a realistic to a certain degree. You can never get AI to work the same way as a manager irl.

Even the full game has its own degree of difficulty and just as the same as the mobile version you will end up finding the kinks to exploit over time. 

7 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

yeah i've had that happen to me once, but think it might even have been way back on FMM19... left me in the lurch a bit. must be a bug.

Indeed! My main CB/CDM who I turned down 25m bid for in the summer... oh well! 😂

4 minutes ago, _N0rWay_ said:

This is what to say, WOW. This team is fantastic to play with

F3FA184D-D931-41E5-A4F9-D68969EC19C3.png

Tha is some team.
How is Reyna in your game?  He has just been transfer listed by Dortmund and tempted to get him for Arsenal, but its big money.  I'd be bringing him in to replace Ozil and Willian.

8 minutes ago, _N0rWay_ said:

This is what to say, WOW. This team is fantastic to play with

F3FA184D-D931-41E5-A4F9-D68969EC19C3.png

Yeah by 2023 or 2024 we should be getting a nice group of youngsters aren’t fully developed. They’d still finish top of the table though.

2 hours ago, SK15Kev said:

Tha is some team.
How is Reyna in your game?  He has just been transfer listed by Dortmund and tempted to get him for Arsenal, but its big money.  I'd be bringing him in to replace Ozil and Willian.

For me I would say he is okay, with a good mentor and training he could be much better.

AFC00DD6-A855-4304-8881-52301D52AFC1.png

2 hours ago, SK15Kev said:

Tha is some team.

Recommed using Goncalves as a Striker too

014F5058-6F90-4074-9D95-FEEEA6FD378D.png

How does everyone go about training? Do you find it best to leave to your assistant?

I have manually done all mine I am in January first season and haven't seen too many results.

5 minutes ago, Ruvio4 said:

How does everyone go about training? Do you find it best to leave to your assistant?

I have manually done all mine I am in January first season and haven't seen too many results.

No. Assistant training is an absolute no no to me.

3 hours ago, Ruvio4 said:

I was lazy last year but Sandwich educated me - i definitely had positive results on my one long career this year. Once i have my squad in place (e.g. end of transfer window), i check everyone is training for the right positions/roles - easy to do on the Overview screen. And then during the season, I'll just check them when they have an update, either the big arrows on the post-match screen or a News item, and i might change their focus attribute then. 

4 hours ago, Ruvio4 said:

Manual training for me too, I've often felt I get better results from training them myself and it gives me the freedom to mould the players to the role I need them to play. And lastly this may just be me but I believe I get less (training) injuries when I do the training myself