Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM23 First Look and Headline Features

51 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Is the Norwegian league confirmed? I'd get it just for that 🤣

Where have the Norwegian league rumours come from as all we have is those above screenshot at the moment don’t we?

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

Where have the Norwegian league rumours come from as all we have is those above screenshot at the moment don’t we?

Someone in this thread mentioned it.

added 0 minutes later
On 11/10/2022 at 15:09, Jens said:

Database updates + at least one new league (Norwegian) + team talks already seems like quite a good deal for 9 pounds. EA charges 5 times as much (if not more) and it's a game most of us are playing all year. How is that bad value for money?

@FuddledFoxWasn't sure if they had seen something I hadn't.

40 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Someone in this thread mentioned it.

added 0 minutes later

@FuddledFoxWasn't sure if they had seen something I hadn't.

I think @Jens got confused with the club of the player who’s profile we see. The club is actually Danish not Norwegian.

I don’t know which version to get. I’ve bought FM Mobile for last ten years, but at the moment it doesn’t seem that much different from FMM 22. 

However, I’ll wait for the features to be released before deciding. Hopefully they release the features within the next week or two 

8 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Is the Norwegian league confirmed? I'd get it just for that 🤣

The game will be dominated by Haaland's cousins if that happen

On 11/10/2022 at 21:09, Jens said:

Database updates + at least one new league (Norwegian) + team talks already seems like quite a good deal for 9 pounds. EA charges 5 times as much (if not more) and it's a game most of us are playing all year. How is that bad value for money?

Wait, Norwegian? Nice! There are many half-Vietnamese there. That could be something to look forward to.

27 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Wait, Norwegian? Nice! There are many half-Vietnamese there. That could be something to look forward to.

Yeah no, I was wrong :D Nordsjaelland is Danish obviously. Shame though :( 

11 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

The game will be dominated by Haaland's cousins if that happen

Who could be signed cheaply so I'm all for that 😁

I'm always so lukewarm on new editions of FMM. I usually wait till its confirmed to not be a buggy mess, then get it. I was been hit bad by one particular edition (forgot which).

Seems like they are keeping quiet on the new things mostly, if there are any.

I have a question.. in touch gameplay there is very much playable leagues to play right? Also Slovenia, Austria, Croatia? 

I have been waiting for the Austrian league for a long time now.
A Top 10 league in Europe for years and still not playable in the game.

20 hours ago, criho said:

I have been waiting for the Austrian league for a long time now.
A Top 10 league in Europe for years and still not playable in the game.

Me too. Would love to manage SV Austria Salzburg and reclaim the club's honors before Red Bull's takeover.

23 hours ago, MooseSweden said:

I hope the Swedish league will come :)

Just like the old days in Championship Manager. I sincerely hope for that too, SI seems to keep their mouths shut for the time being it seems - either there is no new leagues at all, or it's going to be a "big reveal".

11 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Just like the old days in Championship Manager. I sincerely hope for that too, SI seems to keep their mouths shut for the time being it seems - either there is no new leagues at all, or it's going to be a "big reveal".

Just hold ya horses. News will come soon. 👍🤪

Is anyone holding out hope for more tactical options this year? Marc Vaughan seems convinced that all players have a very limited knowledge of football, and I get my hopes up every year, and no major changes have been made. People on the SI forum seem to want more detailed tactics, whereas on Reddit, people say the game is already too confusing 

1 hour ago, SaintPaul said:

Is anyone holding out hope for more tactical options this year? Marc Vaughan seems convinced that all players have a very limited knowledge of football, and I get my hopes up every year, and no major changes have been made. People on the SI forum seem to want more detailed tactics, whereas on Reddit, people say the game is already too confusing 

I don't get why people who want more tactical stuff don't just buy the full version.

Originally FM mobile was a very pick up and play game and that was part of the charm for me. Could rattle seasons off quick and you didn't have to think too much which was fun. I had the full versions for when I had the time to immerse myself in some tactical thought along with everything else the full version brings. The game is already far less playable each year and they still keep adding more to it. While I realise games move on and evolve, FM Mobile for me has lost what made it great in the first place and that's a shame.

I've seen others say similar.

50 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

I don't get why people who want more tactical stuff don't just buy the full version.

Originally FM mobile was a very pick up and play game and that was part of the charm for me. Could rattle seasons off quick and you didn't have to think too much which was fun. I had the full versions for when I had the time to immerse myself in some tactical thought along with everything else the full version brings. The game is already far less playable each year and they still keep adding more to it. While I realise games move on and evolve, FM Mobile for me has lost what made it great in the first place and that's a shame.

I would play full fat if I had the time and hardware. Accessibility on my phone is also key. 

However, I don't need a million transfer structures, training plans, coach options, or press conferences. I just want the match engine and tactics to improve. 

Wide CBs are something I badly want to see. Forwards that actually drop deep. Positional rotations. 

Just my perspective. 

52 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

The full fat version isn't a game, it's a simulation, I don't know how anyone in full time employment finds the time to play it regularly 

You're right though, others do say similar to you, although there are (literally) hundreds of people who still complain about having more shots on target, but still losing. There was a poll on Twitter regarding that, and the vast majority didn't understand why a team with less shots on target could win 

Someone complained about FMM being scripted, because 'lewangoalskie' was out injured for 8 months but Bayern still won the league, apparently that's 'douchebag logic'. 

People have asked for a more detailed version of FMM, and a 'lite' version for people like yourself, but the people in agreement with you were offended by that, not sure why 

58 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

The full fat version isn't a game, it's a simulation, I don't know how anyone in full time employment finds the time to play it regularly 

You're right though, others do say similar to you, although there are (literally) hundreds of people who still complain about having more shots on target, but still losing. There was a poll on Twitter regarding that, and the vast majority didn't understand why a team with less shots on target could win 

Someone complained about FMM being scripted, because 'lewangoalskie' was out injured for 8 months but Bayern still won the league, apparently that's 'douchebag logic'. 

People have asked for a more detailed version of FMM, and a 'lite' version for people like yourself, but the people in agreement with you were offended by that, not sure why 

I'd take a lite version happily. Don't get me wrong I'll keep buying and playing mobile as I don't have the time nowadays for the full version, but it takes longer and longer each version to find workable consistent tactics and even then they just suddenly stop working.

I think a few versions ago was their last good fun mobile game but can't remember which year now. I think if they had stuck with that one and just tweaked it here and there they'd have been on to a winner.

There's been too much messing about with it now for me and it takes away the enjoyment. I hope every year that they've found a happy medium but on we go.

1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

I'd take a lite version happily. Don't get me wrong I'll keep buying and playing mobile as I don't have the time nowadays for the full version, but it takes longer and longer each version to find workable consistent tactics and even then they just suddenly stop working.

I think a few versions ago was their last good fun mobile game but can't remember which year now. I think if they had stuck with that one and just tweaked it here and there they'd have been on to a winner.

There's been too much messing about with it now for me and it takes away the enjoyment. I hope every year that they've found a happy medium but on we go.

I completely agree with you on the tactics front, but I don't think that's because of the depth of tactical adjustments we can make. Each year the AI just gets ridiculous upgrades which is why the tactics stop working. 

I don't have the time to play full fat these days, but I still want more depth to the mobile version. Might take longer to find that special tactic, but that would be fine by me if, like you say, the AI doesn't just stop it working after half a season. Once I've broken the game I like to keep it that way 😀 

22 minutes ago, Chris said:

I completely agree with you on the tactics front, but I don't think that's because of the depth of tactical adjustments we can make. Each year the AI just gets ridiculous upgrades which is why the tactics stop working. 

I don't have the time to play full fat these days, but I still want more depth to the mobile version. Might take longer to find that special tactic, but that would be fine by me if, like you say, the AI doesn't just stop it working after half a season. Once I've broken the game I like to keep it that way 😀 

It's almost like the developers sit there reading these threads and go ah ha! You guys found tactics that are good did you, well have this new update and bye bye to all your efforts mwahahahahaha!

On 20/10/2022 at 12:13, Schwantz34 said:

a few versions ago was their last good fun mobile game

For me 2019 hit that perfect sweet spot. In depth enough that it made you think a bit but still very much pick up and playable. Even if I just had 15 or 20 minutes I could make some good progress, nowadays it seems 15 minutes of play doesn’t get you anywhere. 

I wouldn’t mind more in depth tactical options if they toned down some of the other time sinks in the game. I feel like the game should really emphasize tactics and transfers, as to me that seems like what a mobile football sim is about. Buy some players, maybe train them up a bit, and find a fun tactic to put them into - that’s what it should be 

On 12/10/2022 at 18:00, Ashez said:

I've been asking for this stuff for years when it was more niche but stats in football is big business now.

If we're lucky I could see the next feature reveal being XG stats and that's it since they're a popular go too 😂

It would be a huge surprise (and disappointment!) for me if xG wasn’t in the game. It both really should be AND would be a great prevention of +80% of the “I got” FMM’ed posts elsewhere.

However I’m expecting xG may be the ONLY stats addition in FMM23 😢 similar to @Ashez - I really want more player stats (goals or assists per 90 mins, total key passes / tackles / dribbles over the season so far, etc !) but am expecting more stats won’t be added 😭 

Edited by DanEnglish
24 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

It would be a huge surprise (and disappointment!) for me if xG wasn’t in the game. It both really should be AND would be a great prevention of +80% of the “I got” FMM’ed posts elsewhere.

However I’m expecting xG may be the ONLY stats addition in FMM23 😢 similar to @Ashez - I really want more player stats (goals or assists per 90 mins, total key passes / tackles / dribbles over the season so far, etc !) but am expecting more stats won’t be added 😭 

Team talks are just much more important to the game of football 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Team talks are just much more important to the game of football 🤷‍♂️

*sigh*

The full fat FM23 has these new stat additions. Would LOVE to see them in FMM, but assume it’s highly unlikely 😭 

A92ECEFD-F6E2-4723-9DAC-6D75F51F77C9.thumb.jpeg.d022d8f3089fe2d6628be7437d0c9e96.jpeg

it will be interesting how they do with the Russian League. They will probably remove it and add some new league. That's what I'm hoping for :)