Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

18 hours ago, hhooo said:

Very excited for Kulusevski at Spurs! Being played as a winger in a 442 it's no wonder he hasn't set the world on fire there. Fingers crossed some wankers don't Gazump us on this one

Hopefully he joins. Also linked to Bentacur too. He’s one of those players that I am excited about based on FMM 😂 The same reason I hate the thought of the Goons getting Isak.

Screenshot_20220130-115111.thumb.jpg.64972b83c554065de24101dd41076355.jpg

It isn't the stand out centre back target like Botman or Carlos but least we have a centre back signed.

Geordie, 6ft 7in, good in the air and PL experience. Good signing.

5 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Screenshot_20220130-115111.thumb.jpg.64972b83c554065de24101dd41076355.jpg

It isn't the stand out centre back target like Botman or Carlos but least we have a centre back signed.

Geordie, 6ft 7in, good in the air and PL experience. Good signing.

Yeah not quite in the same class as Botman and Carlos, but he's what we need and hopefully in the summer we can land players the next level (or 2) up.

2 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Yeah not quite in the same class as Botman and Carlos, but he's what we need and hopefully in the summer we can land players the next level (or 2) up.

Agreed. This season is all about just surviving. Next season if we stay up we can proper crack on with signings. The future is bright. I just hope on top of Trippier Wood, Bruno & Burn we can get another 2 at least in on deadline day.

Liverpool have got Diaz.£37m.

I'm not overly convinced but as s back up he's got to be an improvement on Minamino and Origi.

Think Columbia have gone 5 games without scoring and he hasn't impressed against pretty poor opposition. 

2 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Liverpool have got Diaz.£37m.

I'm not overly convinced but as s back up he's got to be an improvement on Minamino and Origi.

Think Columbia have gone 5 games without scoring and he hasn't impressed against pretty poor opposition. 

I'd love it if we now went and signed Origi on deadline day. We still light up top.

4 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

I'd love it if we now went and signed Origi on deadline day. We still light up top.

Dembele from Barca? 

World cup year and he will be in with the stiffs if he doesn't go out at least on loan. No chance of making the French squad otherwise. The WC is too close to the beginning of next season to force his way in so it's almost a no brainer for him to go out on loan.

1 hour ago, geordiekrispy said:

Just reading tweets about Mason Greenwood abusing his partner.

I hope it's not true, but if it is the book needs to be thrown at him. Contract terminated.

I know it won't, just look at Giggs' history...

Looks / sounds horrendous... big trouble. What a twat.

7 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Looks / sounds horrendous... big trouble. What a twat.

Totally, if it's true.

I'm not defending him or those sort of actions at all, but confirmation does need to be made. We'll see what GM police say (if they say anything or make an arrest/interview him etc)

7 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Whoooop!!! This one I'm excited about!

He's now our clubs top earner. He's only 24. His value will rise, we can build a team round him, a very exciting signing for us.

Newcastle fans - happy with your business this window? I still maintain that Trips was a bargain. Loved that bloke at Spurs

15 minutes ago, Woody said:

Lingard and Dean Henderson lookike on the way now!

Loving this window! 😍

Well you are obviously loving it!

15 minutes ago, Woody said:

Lingard and Dean Henderson lookike on the way now!

Loving this window! 😍

We can only loan one player from any club. So if one comes in on loan, the other has to be permanent. Henderson has been played down, Lingard doesn't want the permanent move, I can see Lingard signing tmoro on loan.

Hoping for another centre back and striker.

Targett LB from Villa & Nketiah ST from Arsenal are the latest links.

5 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Just reading tweets about Mason Greenwood abusing his partner.

I hope it's not true, but if it is the book needs to be thrown at him. Contract terminated.

I know it won't, just look at Giggs' history...

Nothings gna happen, with the dads statements sounds like they been paid off was dodgy to say that when someone’s done it to your daughter. Hopefully I’m wrong 

Edited by 1shotz
3 minutes ago, 1shotz said:

Nothings gna happen, with the dads statements sounds like they been paid off was dodgy to say that when someone’s done it to your daughter. Hopefully I’m wrong 

Greenwood is an over inflated ego of a footballer who has done absolutely nothing and get praised for it!

Absolute scum!!

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Greenwood has been arrested. 😳

Not gonna happen, unfortunately, but they should keep his ass in jail for a very long time.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Screenshot_20220130_192758_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.5656636abc748186158f2c58da9ab17d.jpg

Ahhhh, wanker. Never forgiven here for having a go at our boss after we'd slaughtered his Brizzle team 4-1 at Ashton Gate - Benrahma did a rainbow flick towards the end and Johnson apparently told Frank "see you in the playoffs, and we'll break his fucking leg". Didn't happen did it... Twat

2 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

20220131_070453.thumb.jpg.5ad1d101073e99c1e9f956893eda47cf.jpg

Howay then @Rich @Dai_ @Woody @geordiekrispy @Scratch

IT'S DEADLINE DAY!

Where do you still think we need to strengthen? 

Realistically how many do you think we will sign today? 

I'd be happy if we get Burn completed (I'd probably prefer a slightly younger CB, but he's going to be an improvement on Clark).

I think we need a LB as a priority, then maybe another striker (preferably younger than 25)

Edited by geordiekrispy
13 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

I'd be happy if we get Burn completed (I'd probably prefer a slightly younger CB, but he's going to be an improvement on Clark).

I think we need a LB as a priority, then maybe another striker (preferably younger than 25)

Burn going to be announced today

LB - we in for Targett 

ST - Deal accepted for Ekitike

I reckon that would be it unless we go in for Lingard