Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

29 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Everton as a club is a mess. I hoped Rafa would work out but he hardly had a chance did he, hated from the start and given no backing. Reports Martinez is the running ffs.

You’re right about Everton being in a mess but he should never have been appointed and has shown nothing since leaving Liverpool to deserve to be backed.

I made this post last year and stand by it. His career as a manager was over as soon as he left Liverpool where he obviously did a great job and at Valencia as well.

On 23/01/2021 at 13:51, samhardy said:

Rafa’s record since leaving Liverpool.

• Sacked by Inter after less than a year for being shit.
  • Hounded out by Chelsea after less than a year.
  • Took Napoli backwards and then Sarri replaced him and did a much better job.
  • Lasted about 3 months at Real Madrid.
  • Took Newcastle down (plenty of time to save them) and then won the Championship with the biggest budget the division has ever seen.
  • Admitted his career was over by going to China.

He has absolutely played Newcastle fans like a fiddle and the best thing is they genuinely believe he 

A) Loves the club.

B) Would be the man to turn them around now.

Two more things to add to the list now, he very nearly took his club in China down, and now can’t be far off the worst manager in Everton’s history and topping it all off he alienated and got rid off their best player to a club with their biggest rivals’ ultimate legend as manager.

I understand why Liverpool fans are willing to defend him and to some extend Newcastle fans but come on there is no defending that record. He gets jobs on name alone plus his agent and no doubt another Premier League club will come calling later in the year for him to wreck.

Moral victory for the bees at Anfield. Snatched at our chances a bit, unfortunately, but could never really expect much from there. Jon Moss didn't do much today really, didn't have to, but i definitely don't want to see him again - awful ref.

Man U next, looking forward to that! 

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Moral victory for the bees at Anfield. Snatched at our chances a bit, unfortunately, but could never really expect much from there. Jon Moss didn't do much today really, didn't have to, but i definitely don't want to see him again - awful ref.

Man U next, looking forward to that! 

Get on the Phone to Thomas Frank, I've got just the centre back for him, I will deliver him myself.....it's Jamaal Lascelles

8 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Get on the Phone to Thomas Frank, I've got just the centre back for him, I will deliver him myself.....it's Jamaal Lascelles

Chuck Ciaran Clark in there as well please 😂

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

Chuck Ciaran Clark in there as well please 😂

Thankfully only one more game, Leeds next week before the transfer window ends. New centre half needed in before Leeds and then we need as many decent bodies as we can get. I think we down but let's try go down fighting 

14 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Thankfully only one more game, Leeds next week before the transfer window ends. New centre half needed in before Leeds and then we need as many decent bodies as we can get. I think we down but let's try go down fighting 

Not sure you will go down, reckon howe will turn it around, just need a few wins as their are a few clubs down there on low points. Burnley and Norwich are down, between us, you and Watford for that last place 

People writing off Burnley far too soon. 2 points behind Norwich and Newcastle, with 3 games in hand on Newcastle and 4 games in hand on Norwich…  One win and they’re out of the bottom three. And never underestimate Dyche.

On a completely unrelated note, Aleksandr Mitrovic has already scored 27 league goals this season 😳

33 minutes ago, samhardy said:

On a completely unrelated note, Aleksandr Mitrovic has already scored 27 league goals this season 😳

It won't happen but it's someone I've suggested that we should go back in for 

5 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

It won't happen but it's someone I've suggested that we should go back in for 

Should never of sold him. EVER!

Wasn't that Rafa's doing?

6 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Should never of sold him. EVER!

Wasn't that Rafa's doing?

It was. He wasn't the best for us in the Prem but if trusted more in that championship season we could have had a quality player on our hands right now

We desperately need a second striker all be it Mitrovic is in same mold to Wood, to get onto Woods flick ons.

These two weeks are massive to get new signings in but think we will continue to struggle in the market 

9 hours ago, samhardy said:

Erik Lamela winning the Puskas award for what was the 2nd best Rabona in Premier League history.

One of my favourite moments.

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

Yeah I seen that, I don’t think it is either, can’t imagine it. Hope we get a couple of new players before Leeds game now, I was genuinely looking forward to Watford game, no idea why now looking back 😂

3 hours ago, hhooo said:

If he ends up at another side in the prem I would love it to be brentford

Cheers lads. Reckon he's very expensive for us though. I know i know, but... probably out of range. I heard (don't know how true or verifiable it is) that our wage bill is less than half of the second-lowest team's 😮

27 minutes ago, Woody said:

We ain't gonna get anyone else in this window 

Yes we will Woodster, keep faith, I’m sure there will be incomings 🤞🏻

7 hours ago, Woody said:

We ain't gonna get anyone else in this window 

That's how I've been starting to feel, positivity draining by each day. We nearly 3 weeks into the window, things are moving at a snails pace now. I think if we had of had a DoF in place before this window then we might have had a couple more players through the door by now. 

Apart from Reuben, these new directors have no experience of working in football, it's a learning curve for them, learning in this window would be fine if we were mid table, but it's a nightmare learning when we in the bottom 3.

We are desperate for new players to save our season, we have new owners, clubs will hold us to ransom trying to milk us for as much money as possible.

The owners at the start of the ownership said they were "long term patient investors" - despite all the hype of massive money to spend, there was reports 2 years ago when the takeover was first announced as wanting to happen, that they had set out a plan to spend £50m in each window or £250m over 5 years, not exactly the startling figured everyone was hyping up.

This is backed up in an article in the Athletic recently, Chris Waugh stating that a club source said in October they ear marked £50m as the January budget but when January came along and we were still in bottom three they increased this to £100m

After the takeover happened I thought £100m was the minimum we needed to spend to patch ourselves up and in my head I knew the Owners wouldn't be splashing the cash left right and centre. They made it clear this isn't a Man City Job

The £100m budget has started to make sense recently.

£25m Wood + £12m Trippier = £37m

So £63m left.

Originally offered £30m for Botman and £30m for Carlos. They seem to have walked away from Botman and don't seem ready to stump up more for Carlos, rather relying on the player to force his way out.

Last couple days its been reported we offered £2m to take Lingard on loan and £5m to take Zapata on loan ( plus £25m permanent transfer if we stay up) 

So £30m + £30m + £2m + £5m = £67m

+£37m = £104m which is just over the reported £100m budget.

The owners have two options now, break the set budget of £100m, pay over the odds and get the top targets in OR, stop negotiations with the top targets which are clearly getting no where, and look for cheaper targets elsewhere.

One of the two has to happen quickly, we need bodies through the door and time is ticking.

In my eyes we are down, I'm not getting my hopes up just to feel deflated at end of the season when we do go down. Hopefully by end of the season we have a CEO and DoF in place, a proper structure implemented, the new owners having learnt from the first testing transfer window and we can do a massive rebuild in the summer, setting the foundations in place for promotion and then getting settled back into the Premier League.

I do agree to Keep The Faith but it's going to be a rocky rollercoaster of a ride!

As I've said all along. Where we are in the league is massively off-putting to anyone we will be interested in. Unless we offer clauses which allow players to leave or get loaned out if we are relegated (maybe we are and I've just not heard it). I don't blame most players for wanting to avoid us. 

I've been preparing myself for relegation for a while. There was a slight glimmer of hope. Then that fixture list in December deflated that but not winning that Watford game sealed the deal. We're going down.

2 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Where we are in the league is massively off-putting to anyone we will be interested in.

Yep.

Newcastle can either massively overpay the kind of players who would make a difference or just mildly overpay those who might be enough. 

I don't think it's over yet but relegation wouldn't be a disaster, rather an opportunity to really rebuild thoroughly. 

Edited by lonfo

Diego Carlos deal is close now according to sky sports, be nice to get him in ASAP. I do think we’ll go down, but I’m trying my best to keep positive 🤞🏻