Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

1 hour ago, chewkaiwen said:

Some familiar opponents and definitely not easy! All the best @PriZeย and @Woody, may the best 2 win!

The competition definitely has heated up! ๐Ÿ˜ฎย 

Same to you mate ๐Ÿ˜‰

4 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Well, my morale was sorta red there, but nowย it's bright green... I find it's easier to win if that's the case...

๐Ÿ˜‚ go get em Scratch

My prediction for the group stages. I wonโ€™t do my group as Iโ€™m superstitious...

Spoiler

Iโ€™m obviously going to destroy the other two

Group A

1. Samhardy
  2. MLRB
  3. Vishnu

This is the easiest one to predict personally. Sam topping the group speaks for itself and MLRB smashes qualifying so he should get through. No disrespect to Vishnu but I havenโ€™t seen much of him and he only just got through qualifying. I am rooting for you however Vishnu so go get โ€˜em!!

Group C

1. Prize
  2. Woody
  3. Chewy

Like Sam, Prize topping the group speaks for itself. I think Woody has a lot more in the tank than he lets on and after seeing his latest season in the CCW1K I have no doubt heโ€™s a fully fledged EME goal machine! Chewyโ€™s always there or thereabouts in these tournaments but will in my opinion crash out at the group stage

Group D

1. Foxy
  2. AS
  3. Scratch

My heart isย telling me Scratch, but my head is telling me AS. Not one for being romantic, Iโ€™ve chosen my head. Scratch and AS will be close, but I expect our orange furball to comfortably top the group as heโ€™s got more in his locker than he lets on.

Poor Scratch. Who knows how heโ€™s going to take TWO wild animals.ย 

Hope he isnโ€™t allergic to defeat though, because he will be SCRATCHing permanently after this if so.ย 

*mic drop*

PriZe his predictions

Group๏ปฟย A

๏ปฟNowย @Vishnuย I donโ€™t know that well. But in dutch Vis means fish and nu means now, so the stars say Fish now! ย I donโ€™t trust anyone that needs to use somebody else to describe himself, so after a good start Mr. @ManLikeRobbieBradyย Will have a hard time. ย So easy nr 1 spot for our resident hooligan @samhardy

1. Sam

2. Fishnow

3. Mr Brady

ย 

Group of death (B)

ย ๏ปฟWhat a group๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ s*cks to be you lads. Now @Damilareย had always shown potential, but never nailed it. Itโ€™s rumoured he is distant family off @Taffย who has a tendency to bottle it. @Rob2017ย a man who has a bloody chicken as profile picture๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• i like my chicken slow roasted so youโ€™ll pass this round. Ending up with @Nucleus, heโ€™s like a Lab pup... bouncing all over the place and in your face. He will finish nr 1 of the group even before the challenge is announced.

1. Nucleus

2. Chicky

3. Damilare

ย 

Group C

1)ย @PriZe

2)ย @Woody

๏ปฟย 3)ย @chewkaiwen๏ปฟ

Notย superstitious, 1st place will be me. ย @chewkaiwenย will be nr2. @Woodyย will fail epically. A man i needed to help to get a decent name. Who thought Acid Sparxx was a good idea and now has a bloody woodpecker as profile pic is destined for great things! In his case, your friendly FMM vibe jester. Always trying to be funny, but not quite funny ever.

1. PriZe

2. Chewie

3. Dead bird

Group D๏ปฟ

You know the story of the mighty squirrel? Right.. nobody does. Want to have a real good laugh? Have a look at the squirrel in France๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Past his prime if @anfieldsquirrelhas ever had a prime. So @scratch99ย and @Foxyย are through to the next round. But donโ€™t let it get it through your heads. Scratch will end up getting lost in the next challenge and Foxy as the true lady he is will be to soft and not a rutheless fox to kill his opponent in the next round

1. Fox

2. Scratch

3. Dead animal

As you can tell, let the rivalry begin!

ps: yes, if you feel itโ€™s personal, itโ€™s true, i donโ€™t like you...

Spoiler

Want a grain of salt with that?๐Ÿ˜‰

good luck all!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

3 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Prize v AS H2H imminent. Iโ€™ll show you my prime.ย 

imminent, correct after my CC final! Enough time for you to find your prime Squirrel ๐Ÿ˜

52 minutes ago, PriZe said:

PriZe his predictions

Group๏ปฟย A

๏ปฟNowย @Vishnuย I donโ€™t know that well. But in dutch Vis means fish and nu means now, so the stars say Fish now! ย I donโ€™t trust anyone that needs to use somebody else to describe himself, so after a good start Mr. @ManLikeRobbieBradyย Will have a hard time. ย So easy nr 1 spot for our resident hooligan @samhardy

1. Sam

2. Fishnow

3. Mr Brady

ย 

Group of death (B)

ย ๏ปฟWhat a group๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ s*cks to be you lads. Now @Damilareย had always shown potential, but never nailed it. Itโ€™s rumoured he is distant family off @Taffย who has a tendency to bottle it. @Rob2017ย a man who has a bloody chicken as profile picture๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• i like my chicken slow roasted so youโ€™ll pass this round. Ending up with @Nucleus, heโ€™s like a Lab pup... bouncing all over the place and in your face. He will finish nr 1 of the group even before the challenge is announced.

1. Nucleus

2. Chicky

3. Damilare

ย 

Group C

1)ย @PriZe

2)ย @Woody

๏ปฟย 3)ย @chewkaiwen๏ปฟ

Notย superstitious, 1st place will be me. ย @chewkaiwenย will be nr2. @Woodyย will fail epically. A man i needed to help to get a decent name. Who thought Acid Sparxx was a good idea and now has a bloody woodpecker as profile pic is destined for great things! In his case, your friendly FMM vibe jester. Always trying to be funny, but not quite funny ever.

1. PriZe

2. Chewie

3. Dead bird

Group D๏ปฟ

You know the story of the mighty squirrel? Right.. nobody does. Want to have a real good laugh? Have a look at the squirrel in France๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Past his prime if @anfieldsquirrelhas ever had a prime. So @scratch99ย and @Foxyย are through to the next round. But donโ€™t let it get it through your heads. Scratch will end up getting lost in the next challenge and Foxy as the true lady he is will be to soft and not a rutheless fox to kill his opponent in the next round

1. Fox

2. Scratch

3. Dead animal

ps: yes, if you feel itโ€™s personal, itโ€™s true, i donโ€™t like you...

ย  Reveal hidden contents

Want a grain of salt with that?๐Ÿ˜‰

good luck all!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

๐Ÿ˜ข why @PriZe whyyyyy?ย 

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

1.๏ปฟ Fox

๏ปฟ 2. Scratch

3. Dead animal

๏ปฟ ps๏ปฟ: ๏ปฟyes, if you feel itโ€™s personal, itโ€™s true, i donโ€™t like you...

ย  Hide contents

๏ปฟ Want a grain of salt w๏ปฟith that๏ปฟ๏ปฟ?๐Ÿ˜‰

๏ปฟ good luck all!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ

They be fighting words โ˜๏ธthis is getting tasty, might need a tadย more salt though @PriZeย 

Today is NEW challenge day!

Hope you guys are ready - and I hope you are excited!

Sam and I have came up with a fantastic new challenge, we hope you will enjoy it.

Keep your eyes peeled on this thread!

CCXII Group Stage Challenge

skynews-cristiano-ronaldo-football_43584

Welcome๏ปฟย everyone to the group stages of the 12th edition of Vibe's Challenge Cup and well done to those who got through qualifying. Your reward is a scrap to the death to try and claim one of the top t๏ปฟwo spots in your group taking on this beaut of a challenge @anfieldsquirrel and myself have concocted.

Those with a wide array of football knowledge will be able to tell that the above picture is of Cristiano Ronaldo, and he's who this challenge is based around after ending his incredible Real Madrid career this summer.

You will be heading to Spain and taking charge of Real Madrid. This challenge has quite a few complications to it so please follow closely!

• The first thing you will have to do immediately isย ๏ปฟdemote, and never use again, the highest value GK, DC and MC from the Madrid squad. They must be natural (light green) in the position.
  • You will of course also need to find your new Ronaldo. For this, you must buy a Portuguese player to play as your forward forย no more than ยฃ5M.ย This player can be natural in any position, he could even be a goalkeeper although I'd advise against that consideringย it's 83 goal contributions required.
  • Then, replace the three players you've had to demote. These three must also be Portuguese, however each of these must costย less than ยฃ1M.ย These three players must play every game, unless they are physically incapable of doing so due to injury or suspension.

That is the squad you'll be using. No more transfers in allowed, althoug๏ปฟh you can sell players.

Now onto the man himself:

In his best season at Real Madrid, 14/15, Ronaldo was responsible for an incredible 83 goal contributions in all competitions - 61 goals and 22 assists. Your forward must match this, he must be responsible for 83 goals in your season. If he does, you'll receive a bonusย ๏ปฟ30 points however if he doesn't then 30 points comes off your score.

In addition to this, you'll all be competing against all 11 other competitorsย to see who can go on the longest goalscoring streak. Who's forward will score in the most consecutive games? There's big points available for this too; the person with the longest streak will gain a whopping 80 bonus points, 2nd 70, 3rd 60 and so on. If your streak is the shortest you'll be looking at -30 points unfortunat๏ปฟely unless there's two above you with the same streak.

League๏ปฟย Points +/- Goal Difference

3 points for each roundย ๏ปฟof cup passed

Striker Goals + Assists๏ปฟ

+/- 30 from whether he reaches 83 goal contributions

Bonus Points from goalscoring streak๏ปฟ๏ปฟ

Example

80๏ปฟ๏ปฟย points๏ปฟย + 40GD = 120๏ปฟ

5 cup rounds passed = 15

Striker goals - 50, assis๏ปฟts - 30 = 80๏ปฟ

Failure to reach 83 contributions = -3๏ปฟ0

5th longest goalscoring streak = 40๏ปฟ

Total = 225๏ปฟ

Deadline๏ปฟย - Thursday 6th September 11:59PM๏ปฟย GMT๏ปฟ

Expecting to see some big scores here. Good luck ;)

Clarifications

• Any๏ปฟย S๏ปฟI approved database
  • As always league points are the tiebreak followed by GD
  • No additional transfers other than the 4 you have to bring in and no player trades.
  • You can sell players๏ปฟ
  • Injuries and suspensions are the only things that can stop your 3 replacement signings from playing.
  • Everyone send results to me and AS (use the same thread yo๏ปฟu did in quali) Exceptions: @ManLikeRobbieBradyย @Vishnu send only to AS; @Foxyย @scratch99 send only to me. This is to avoid your groupmate seeing your score.๏ปฟ๏ปฟ

Rules and screenshots required

Spoiler
  • To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Every challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will mean you are disqualified.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.๏ปฟ
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhar๏ปฟdy and anfieldsquirrel in it unless you have been told otherwise.
  • Streak: 1st - 80; 2nd - 70; 3rd - 60; 4th - 50; 5th - 40; 6th - 30; 7th - 20; 8th - 10; 9th - 0; 10th - -10; 11th - -20; 12th - -30.
  • Have fun!

Screenshots required

• Attributes and stats of three demoted players at the end of the season
  • Transfers in page
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Manager profile
  • League table
  • Round of all cup exits๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ
  • Attributes and stats of your "New Ronaldo" and evidence of the goalscoring streak.

ย 

Nice and simple. Twoย questions, do we have to demote Ronaldo? Or can we keep him, I donโ€™t see it mentioned anywhere. Also can we sell the players we demote or do they simply have to rot in the reserves ?

19 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Nice and simple. Twoย questions, do we have to demote Ronaldo? Or can we keep him, I donโ€™t see it mentioned anywhere. Also can we sell the players we demote or do they simply have to rot in the reserves ?

Nope, you can keep Ronaldo. As long as they donโ€™t play a game you can do what you like with them.

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Can I buy someone for ยฃ1m exactly or does it have to be less?ย 

Less than ยฃ1M

Is this a good time to mention that I've never managed in Spain? My odds are blowing out!!

Edited by scratch99
2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Looking forward to seeing what loopholes you come up with this time :P

๐Ÿค”ย I have an idea actually... Not really a loophole. Just something you can do within the rules that might help a tiny bit...

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Nope, you can keep Ronaldo. As long as they donโ€™t play a game you can do what you like with them.

Less than ยฃ1M

As in we can keep Ronaldo and play him in games?