Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ian - Moise Kean 2kc and full 30 seasons - Tactic - The End

Ian

Holy shit :O

I’m lost for words mate. An outfield player managing the full 30 seasons is mind blowing! It was always a hit and miss area even for a goalkeeper. Fantastic stuff Ian, incredible :D 

Terrible career.

JOKES! 😅 Bloody brilliant career Ian. You have taken the game, applied a plan, and absolutely stretched it out to the maximum - it’s an example to anyone reading of how to utterly nail a career. Really well done mate.  

That is absolutely bananas mate, well done. I can't believe after winning the league every single season, plus an average of more than 5 cup wins a year and six world cups, you have a Manager Rank of 2nd?! What the chuff did the other guy do?! (the game is so weird with these things...)

A career set in stone for all eternity and no doubt will be referred to for years to come.

A mammoth attempt and a ridiculous score to boot. Well done is an understatement mate. 

Your both legends in my eyes. 😉

7 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Farewell legend Kean 👏👏

Thank you, he can finally put his feet up and enjoy his retirement!

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Speechless!

Big congrats Ian. This is truly an Inspiring career 👍 

Cheers Bati, highly appreciated and hopefully it’ll help inspire a few to maybe pick up the game whether it be FMM19 or FMM20 and have a go at some of the challenges on here.

7 hours ago, Kanegan said:

What an achievement. 30 seasons with a single player is an achievement that is unfathomable. Well done mate. Reckon you are also in running for the pole position in the Champions Streak leaderboard. Just let me know your streak and i will add you. Other than that, a brilliant and possibly un-repeatable career that you had. :celebrate::celebrate::medal::trophy:

Thanks Kane, I never thought he’d go the distance and even after making an attempt to try for it I still thought he’d pull out at some point but he just kept going and was ticking along with his goal returns which probably helped. I’ll have a look at my Champions League winning streak and put the screen shot into your challenge thread later.

7 hours ago, samhardy said:

What a fucking terrific career. Brilliant stuff @Ian!

Thank you Sam, much appreciated.

6 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

That’s amazing Ian well done mate! I dare say we’ll never see a career like this again. Truly fantastic!

Cheers Smoggy, I’m not sure whether the game will change or not but it does seem like going the distance could be repeated. Thing is it’s not something you’d get many wanting to target as thinking about that as a target at the beginning of a save wouldn’t be very appealing. I just ended up in a position where it seemed on and with not too many seasons to go so I fought through and got it done.

6 hours ago, Foxy said:

So many achievements from one career 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
I think you deserve a rest mate.

Thank you Mr Fox, it was you who give me the idea to try and go the distance and I have to say I was regretting that a few seasons before the end but now that it’s done I have thank you for encouraging me 😀

6 hours ago, Titjes said:

This was one hell of a career to read mate :O Absolutely fantastic work, big congrats to you ;)

Thank you Titjes, it took a lot of effort to play the last few seasons out so now I can take a break before FMM20 comes out.

6 hours ago, PriZe said:

Congrats man! What a career and what a total 🙌🏻

Thanks PriZe, yes it’s a great end total and it really helped that he kept going for so long as the goals then really started to mount up.

6 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Holy shit :O

I’m lost for words mate. An outfield player managing the full 30 seasons is mind blowing! It was always a hit and miss area even for a goalkeeper. Fantastic stuff Ian, incredible :D 

Cheers Nuke, yeah it wasn’t in my thinking until late on as I was just going to end this around the 2k goal mark which would’ve done me fine. I decided to go for it and if he’d of pulled out a season or so from the end I’d of been highly annoyed I have to say 😂

5 hours ago, Rob said:

Terrible career.

JOKES! 😅 Bloody brilliant career Ian. You have taken the game, applied a plan, and absolutely stretched it out to the maximum - it’s an example to anyone reading of how to utterly nail a career. Really well done mate.  

Thank you very much as always Rob, I did put a lot into this as it was sort of like a celebration career where I put everything I’d learnt this year into a plan. Plenty of little things that aren’t even tactical went into it and if you add them all together it can really make a massive difference.

4 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

That is absolutely bananas mate, well done. I can't believe after winning the league every single season, plus an average of more than 5 cup wins a year and six world cups, you have a Manager Rank of 2nd?! What the chuff did the other guy do?! (the game is so weird with these things...)

Cheers Mr Tree, yes I’d noticed during this career that I’ve often been 5th and 6th and I found it a touch strange with both Italy and Juve being so successful. Not totally sure what it’s based on as unlike a lot of my other careers my attributes were also good this time so as I say strange.

3 hours ago, Woody said:

A career set in stone for all eternity and no doubt will be referred to for years to come.

A mammoth attempt and a ridiculous score to boot. Well done is an understatement mate. 

Your both legends in my eyes. 😉

Thank you very much Woody, it was rather gruelling at the end but we stuck it out. You knew about this from more or less the beginning, well before I’d decided to post it so I apologise for going on and on about it when it started to go very well. 

6 hours ago, Ian said:

Thank you, he can finally put his feet up and enjoy his retirement!

Cheers Bati, highly appreciated and hopefully it’ll help inspire a few to maybe pick up the game whether it be FMM19 or FMM20 and have a go at some of the challenges on here.

Thanks Kane, I never thought he’d go the distance and even after making an attempt to try for it I still thought he’d pull out at some point but he just kept going and was ticking along with his goal returns which probably helped. I’ll have a look at my Champions League winning streak and put the screen shot into your challenge thread later.

Thank you Sam, much appreciated.

Cheers Smoggy, I’m not sure whether the game will change or not but it does seem like going the distance could be repeated. Thing is it’s not something you’d get many wanting to target as thinking about that as a target at the beginning of a save wouldn’t be very appealing. I just ended up in a position where it seemed on and with not too many seasons to go so I fought through and got it done.

Thank you Mr Fox, it was you who give me the idea to try and go the distance and I have to say I was regretting that a few seasons before the end but now that it’s done I have thank you for encouraging me 😀

Thank you Titjes, it took a lot of effort to play the last few seasons out so now I can take a break before FMM20 comes out.

Thanks PriZe, yes it’s a great end total and it really helped that he kept going for so long as the goals then really started to mount up.

Cheers Nuke, yeah it wasn’t in my thinking until late on as I was just going to end this around the 2k goal mark which would’ve done me fine. I decided to go for it and if he’d of pulled out a season or so from the end I’d of been highly annoyed I have to say 😂

Thank you very much as always Rob, I did put a lot into this as it was sort of like a celebration career where I put everything I’d learnt this year into a plan. Plenty of little things that aren’t even tactical went into it and if you add them all together it can really make a massive difference.

Cheers Mr Tree, yes I’d noticed during this career that I’ve often been 5th and 6th and I found it a touch strange with both Italy and Juve being so successful. Not totally sure what it’s based on as unlike a lot of my other careers my attributes were also good this time so as I say strange.

Thank you very much Woody, it was rather gruelling at the end but we stuck it out. You knew about this from more or less the beginning, well before I’d decided to post it so I apologise for going on and on about it when it started to go very well. 

Mate you can go on and on as much as you want. A class defining career.

Congrats mate! Truly epic - never seen a player go that long or look that great for their age! 😄 Also, 188 trophies? Absolute legend of a manager too. This has to be the best career of FMM19.

Hope you are really enjoying the break now though. You deserve it but I also bet you need it! 🤣

On 22/10/2019 at 07:15, Woody said:

Mate you can go on and on as much as you want. A class defining career.

Thank you Woody 😀

On 22/10/2019 at 10:26, Scratch said:

Congrats mate! Truly epic - never seen a player go that long or look that great for their age! 😄 Also, 188 trophies? Absolute legend of a manager too. This has to be the best career of FMM19.

Hope you are really enjoying the break now though. You deserve it but I also bet you need it! 🤣

Thank you Scratch, Yeah I wasn’t expecting him to do as well as he did in his latter years, I was fearing that he’d just either not be able to play enough due to poor fitness or just would flat out not be able to score and jack it in. Luckily he was ok in both regards and if the game doesn’t change next year then it opens up a lot of possibilities as we might see more people attempt these challenges with slightly older players knowing they can usually play to a high level until they’re 35 and even longer in plenty of cases now.

I’m enjoying a little break now before FMM20 but I will still be on the forum to pester you all 😂

On 22/10/2019 at 12:37, Gunners Rishi said:

I think we’ve already found our winner for career of the year at the vibe awards

Yes you’re right Rishi we have.

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

if the game doesn’t change next year then it opens up a lot of possibilities as we might see more people attempt these challenges with slightly older players knowing they can usually play to a high level until they’re 35 and even longer in plenty of cases now.

I'm doing an Andy Carroll 1KC!! 😄

21 minutes ago, Scratch said:

If you are going for 1k days lost to injury, that sounds quite feasible.

1 hour ago, mattydisc said:

If you are going for 1k days lost to injury, that sounds quite feasible.

Nah, it's all good, he'll start the game at around 30 yo and I'll play him until he's 60. He'll get 1K days lost to injury AND 1K goals... 🤣

Just finished reading up on the last 4 seasons, and it left me speechless.. 

I'm guessing Kean was the only non-regen player in the games after 30 years? 

Congrats on an amazing career! 

23 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Nah, it's all good, he'll start the game at around 30 yo and I'll play him until he's 60. He'll get 1K days lost to injury AND 1K goals... 🤣

Perfect!

51 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Sounds doable to me 😂

50 minutes ago, DouBLeR said:

Thank you, yes I was certain he would be but thought I’d check to see who the next oldest player was at the end.

C54795FA-3EBE-4DE9-8C82-69DFF479CF42.thumb.png.0d239f8947fcf6e5860f9b7355c148db.png

37 is the next oldest which was a bit surprising as I thought there might be the odd 40+ year old.

57 minutes ago, DouBLeR said:

You missed Lingard mate! He's United most promissing prospect

19 hours ago, Scratch said:

Now thats a challenge 😂😂 should be a 1k mins challenge tbh got more chance.

On 24/10/2019 at 02:35, Scouse Mouse said:

Messi just got 15 consecutive UCL scoring years.  Did Moise get 30 in your save?

I can’t be totally sure whether he scored in some of his later season based on the screenshots I have but he definitely managed 20 odd consecutive years.

I mentioned previously that I’d share the main tactic that I used throughout this save so here I am to do just that. I’ll try to explain things as best as I can so you can get an idea of the way I played the save and got the tactic to work well for me. How much of this you actually read if any is entirely up to you as once I start to write stuff it may get a bit messy.

Tactic

FFBA1577-90B5-45C0-94E5-001E0E372CB0.thumb.png.f4213fb58b224e26af3a2c31fb0d2357.png

So we’re looking at a normal goalkeeper, one baller at the back alongside a more rugged centre half with two inverted wing backs who will still provide width to the attack but sit slightly narrower than a normal wing back to offer more strength to the midfield. We have two all round midfielders playing as box to box midfielders to hopefully help us win the midfield battle with an advanced playmaker in the number ten position who will be required to create plenty of chances for our centre forward. I went with the poacher role for our striker who will ideally concentrate solely on scoring goals. Out wide I went with two wingers to provide width to our attack and supply our forward with plenty of good quality crosses.

Instructions

Shape

4DC32CB9-EA94-4641-BAD1-5919F7A38B91.thumb.png.5636e90d65d4e3392a7a0940293d3b45.png

I went with an attacking mentality which doesn’t need too much explaining as we were playing as Juventus and had a great squad of players so the idea was to attack and try to score plenty of goals. The narrow width I find helps the team dominate the midfield and having wingers out wide means we still have plenty of width so it works pretty well I find. I found normal tempo worked out fine for me and the creative freedom I kept balanced because there’s always the fear there that the midfielders might try too many long shots on expressive so we played it safe but don’t be afraid to try expressive as it may well work out well for you as I’ve used that on previous goal scoring tactics to great effect.

Defensive

2758EE2C-D5C0-450C-8A8A-A0899CB7BEEF.thumb.png.a6f292dc748f4e8b68aacd441d2b16ce.png

Only one instructional change was made to this page and that was to go for all over closing down. I had actually left this page completely unchanged on all of my previous goal scoring tactics post winter update to try and improve the conditioning of my players so I could get my best players on the pitch for more games. I decided to go with all over closing down here as I found after testing that there wasn’t a major difference to the players fitness and once my team were developed I knew that the majority would have really great stamina so they would be able to handle the constant work rate required. You could experiment with different instructions and to be honest with a top class squad I can’t see there being a problem and maybe a benefit to going with hard tackling and offside trap but I never felt I needed to as my results and returns were fine as is.

Attacking

05C75194-B398-4F9F-81B5-D5FB54395239.thumb.png.38e3c836933285cad5630c10df131eca.png

I just went with work ball into box for the final third instructions to try and limit the long shots from our midfielders. We were using inverted wing backs so you’d think overlap would be useless and I’d be better off just going for early crosses but I found that the team played plenty of those anyway and I didn’t want to force the players to do any more so left it at default. I had through ball on originally and I knew that it probably wasn’t the best option with us usually being the dominant team up against teams defending deep with next to no space in behind but my idea was that it would improve the percentage of goals going to the striker. Anyway, halfway through season seven I went into my test save to try and work out my best system and taking the through ball off made a massive difference in increasing the amount of team goals we scored. I put the passing and goalkeeper distribution to short to try to help us dominate the ball and create good quality goal scoring chances but I’ve used mixed on previous tactics so don’t be afraid to try that if it’s your preference.

Set Pieces

I went with my main striker as penalty and free kick taker and I selected my corner takers based on their coaching report. Basically you are looking for players with the positive traits ‘Can deliver a good corner’, ‘Effective set prices taker’ or ‘Expert in dead ball situations’ as being great options to take your corners. If you find that none of your players have those traits then I’d personally just go for the player with the highest crossing attribute and monitor how they perform on them.

Players

Below is what I’d say was my best eleven players at the end of the save. I’d also have at least one back up to each player who’d be of similar quality so I’d be able to rotate fairly heavily to keep my boys fresh.

Spoiler

2D8215FF-D334-4E60-85EA-48072712E8B2.thumb.png.6480076d50014274ca86e7d6fe9cbeab.png

72F9DF5D-ED4C-478E-8AE8-60933A6DB7FE.thumb.png.3dfa3f4d4468969a4c1fbbd164854aba.png

46C804ED-3D53-4176-A811-9A49599D52D5.thumb.png.c6aee648519fc5f679ec8c3eae3d8f70.png

15EB1F56-C118-4C14-A331-981A52DBF43B.thumb.png.8c885cc5cd33236bd2b29bfe12286d6f.png

71A21002-4345-4153-9139-E00C52158227.thumb.png.97cdb548610d3cb07f5fc4ffd790a29a.png

2A12C962-071B-4476-AFE8-C2117AFF145A.thumb.png.772b4261d6158f4c558775b8d9f645df.png

CE022F02-DBB2-4EDE-94D5-E37DCB88457D.thumb.png.075d3d91a729c1a695839604811a5bba.png

47B8B47C-C033-4E20-9C64-57174E36692E.thumb.png.c3b753479bfe386c1db87d8ef8db8e83.png

BF8360F2-02A6-4EE1-B6B8-DE60D3D7C001.thumb.png.19c9ffb573c3a6e40d6c53cdef819985.png

010F5540-B3AB-44D1-8E05-ECB19BC2DF78.thumb.png.b3848e78cff19325b31106dce30637f7.png

200BE2F4-A07C-44C6-955F-7E05A723FD60.thumb.png.555051ae0c70223010d8e11a87d967f0.png

You can see the sort of player quality we are looking at as they are all truly outstanding players at this stage with all but two being Italian which really made managing Italy a lot easier. Don’t expect to be able to bring in players of this quality at the beginning of a save as it will take years of squad building and player development to achieve so you’ll have to be realistic and probably lower your expectations in the early years.

I’ll go through each position below and try to explain what I would look for in each position in terms of attributes.

Goalkeeper

I would generally look for good Reflexes and Handling as a priority and then decent numbers in Kicking, Throwing, Communication and Aerial. I’d also try if possible to find a keeper with fairly good Technique, I’d usually fail here but it’s worth mentioning.

Central Defender

I’d look for good Aerial, Tackling, Positioning, Decisions, Strength and I’d also like them to have say 10 for Technique, Passing, Dribbling and Pace if possible. Aggression is another thing I would look for but if the player is top quality you can usually get away with a lower number. 

Ball Playing Defender

I’d be looking for all of the same attributes as with central defenders but they must have decent Passing, Dribbling and Technique. I’d tend not to look at Creativity too much as I don’t think they need to be super creative but just rather comfortable on the ball and be able to bring the ball out of defence by either dribbling or passing so we can get our more dangerous and creative players on the ball further up the pitch.

Inverted Wing Back

I guess we’re looking at a cross between a central midfielder and a wing back but if I’m honest I’d just treated them as wing backs and went with a right footed player on the right and left footer on left. I’d look for Crossing, Dribbling, Positioning and Pace when searching for players and keep an eye out for Passing, Decisions, Technique and Teamwork. Technique and Teamwork are two attributes that you’ll have a tough job increasing on FMM19 so when looking for younger talent I’d be looking for at least 10 for those if possible for this role.

Box to Box Midfielder

All round midfielders required here as you’ll often come up against teams playing three in midfield so these boys must be strong in every way to avoid being overrun. I looked for good numbers in Passing, Decisions, Movement, Positioning, Creativity and all of the Physical attributes. Technique and Teamwork again are important as they probably won’t increase so I like a minimum of 13 for both of those. Aggression is also something worth looking at as if you can get a quality player with a high number there then there’ll be no stopping him! When it comes to looking for younger players for this role I found myself going for playmaker types with good Passing, Creativity, Decisions, Movement, Technique and Teamwork. Often these boys would have poor Positioning, Tackling and Physical attributes so I’d get them in and set their training to the Box to Box Midfielder role and their attribute focus to Positioning. They might be a bit of a liability at the beginning so I’d just try to give them as much game time as I could in the easier games and in a few years time they’d be top all round midfielders. 

Advanced Playmaker

Simple here as we are looking for a player with great Creativity, Passing, Decisions and Technique. I’d prefer above 12 for Teamwork and not such a great number in Shooting with the idea that he’ll then be less likely to shoot from distance but that can often be hard to achieve so don’t fret too much about it as I’ve had decent shooters playing this position plenty of times before and they’ll always score a few goals but I’ve never had too much trouble in terms of them pinching goals from our striker providing the striker is of top quality. 

Winger

I looked for Crossing firstly and then Dribbling, Pace, Movement and Teamwork but don’t worry if Teamwork is only say 12 as I’ve had players with around that number and they’ve still done a good job providing plenty of quality crosses for our front man.

Striker

We are looking for a complete striker here so he will be capable of scoring all types of goals. In an ideal world he’d have great Shooting, Movement, Aerial, Pace, Strength and a decent number for Decisions, Creativity and Dribbling. I prefer a high number for Aggression too if possible so the player will be more likely to go in for one on one physical challenges with defenders.

So there we are, that’s my attempt at explaining my tactic and if you’ve read it all and reached this point then I applaud you. I’d also recommend you maybe take a look at this thread as it turned into a rather good discussion about lone striker tactics with plenty of members contributing. Reading all of the different approaches used by members really gets you thinking and that  discussion has given me a lot of ideas about things I’d like to try on the new game.

Well that is FMM19 done with for me and I’ll now rest up to prepare myself for FMM20.

Thanks again to everyone who’s followed this or any of my other careers this year, it’s much appreciated.

Blimey Ian, I would never have given that away but credit to you for doing it. As I’ve said privately it’s a great tactic and one I think may well be imitated. What a great career.

Cracking guide mate, and appreciate the logic behind some of the decisions.

Doesn't need re-emphasising what a cracking thread this has been - if the awards had been a couple of weeks later (I don't think anyone could've foreseen this!), it would have been Career of the Year for sure. Looking forward to what you come up with for FMM20 👍

17 hours ago, Ian said:

Tactic

FFBA1577-90B5-45C0-94E5-001E0E372CB0.thumb.png.f4213fb58b224e26af3a2c31fb0d2357.png

So we’re looking at a normal goalkeeper, one baller at the back alongside a more rugged centre half with two inverted wing backs who will still provide width to the attack but sit slightly narrower than a normal wing back to offer more strength to the midfield. We have two all round midfielders playing as box to box midfielders to hopefully help us win the midfield battle with an advanced playmaker in the number ten position who will be required to create plenty of chances for our centre forward. I went with the poacher role for our striker who will ideally concentrate solely on scoring goals. Out wide I went with two wingers to provide width to our attack and supply our forward with plenty of good quality crosses.

Thanks for sharing @Ian it's interesting to see your take on the formation that's brought you so much success. I'm sure many people will find this very useful.

When creating formations I spend the large majority of the time setting up midfield, so that's always what I look at first when people post/share tactics. I like the look of your BBM pairing. 👍  imo your biggest strength as it holds everything together as well as strengthens both def/att lines on either end. Also, potentially your biggest weakness as the pair may be caught out of position at times leaving your midfield exposed. But, unlike me, you seem to have solved that problem with your IWBs. I had a go at IWBs a few times but I still felt my 2-man midfield wasn't stable enough so I always reverted back to a triangle or diamond. 

Great to see that it is in fact possible to get results this way. It gives people like me hope and motivation to not lose faith in certain player roles and keep looking for answers. 

Great work! 

Great tactic there @Ian 

Doesn't really need much explaination to it as it has already look logical on how it works just by looking at it

Looking foward for more 2kc from you on FMM 20

Great post Ian. This tactic is almost similar to my strikerless tactic. The only difference is instead of the striker, i have a DLP and the AP is switched to T. Other than that, it's the same as i too use IWB's and BBM's.

It's uncanny how similar the tactic i use is to yours, albeit mine does not produce the level of goals you do. I have the same shape and the same roles except i play with two Libero's at the back, and then use Overload, Narrow, Slow & Disciplined. I use no final third instructions and passing and focus are set to mixed. The Libero's and overload approach is because i play in Portugal with a crazy strong Benfica team so feel i can take a few liberties.

Anyway, congratulations on your career, I've read it with interest and you smashed it.