Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

1 minute ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Just finished myne and unless yous had a complete disaster I think you'll all be safe from last place #SharpIsNotSharp

On 26/01/2021 at 14:41, George Traistă said:

Billy is still sharp at his 34 years of age. 

#SharpIsStillSharp

4 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

Aslong as one of them is @smoggy90 then thats fine ha. 

Just about to submit mine. Interesting results to say the least....

Sent mine last night mate. Clean sheets are not my forte so I have no idea how it’s going to go this week. 

13 minutes ago, Woody said:

No just overall performance = shite!

Ahh that’s crap, I’m sure you’ll be back strong next week. I’m not sure how my score stacks up this week.

Vibe Premier League 2021, Week 3 Results

What looked to be a much kinder challenge on paper didn’t quite live up to that hypothesis for some people but all is about to be revealed as I take you through the scores.

Here were the fixtures:

image.png.6663800c2210741b2e411db8f9d1d0a1.png

Unfortunately for the second week running @ScottishFMM didn’t submit his results meaning there isn’t any other alternative but to eliminate him from the competition. This means that @broodje kip earns the win this week and for the remaining 2 weeks before the other elimination spot is filled Scottish’s opponents will receive a walkover.

For the Sandwich though Sharp bagged 10 goals in the league, the most lucrative coming against Liverpool and one against Southampton which was doubled thanks to a clean sheet. There was also 6 cup matches that he managed to win and overall his score of 33 whilst may not have been anything to write home about it was enough to grab the win this week.

In big news though normal service was resumed this week as @Woody was the last to submit his results, just an hour before the deadline. Experts are describing that as “typical Woody” but what also could be described as that would be him following up a superb performance last week with the worst out of anyone who submitted this. Sharp could only muster a pitiful 5 goals in the league, and not much came out of the cups either meaning Woody was not lying in the thread last night as he only scored 20 points. What that means is that a performance of any respectability from @RichD would see him defeat the man who was sitting on top of the pile at the start of the week and that is what he achieved. Sharp scored 14 goals in the league including against Liverpool and Leicester and whilst there weren’t any clean sheets or cup success this was a middle of the pack performance from Rich in a comfortable win over Woody.

The next game to take a look at was the close one between two men who were sitting in the playoff places in @smoggy90 and @Jsavfc. Smog managed to get Sharp 12 goals in the league which was 4 more than what Villa could muster but that doesn’t necessarily equate to more points. Smog did manage goals against Man City and Leicester though, and also a clean sheet one against Wolves. This really means that unless Villa went on a long cup run he wouldn’t be able to match the score of his opponent unless he got points out of the bigger teams in the league. There were early signs of hope when a clean sheet against Leicester accompanied with a Sharp goal for him 8 points on the board, but in the end the goals just were too few and far between and with Broodje’s score separating these two it’s a big win for Smog as he reclaims his spot at the top of the table.

Onto two managers now who are desperate for a win in @Aaron Thornton and @Ian who were still winless before this week. Someone did manage to get 3 points on the board this week though... and that man was the defending champion who at the third attempt is off and running in what was a great performance this week. At first glance he only managed 11 goals from Sharp, but what propelled Ian’s score up was one of his main strengths and that is in his defending. There were multiple clean sheets, including against Leicester, Wolves, Southampton and Liverpool and the latter forms my “screenshot of the week” for this week.

image.png.e0787fdecd54a93d012ceb388bc32763.png

That last minute goal from Billy earned Ian 10 points on its own! Which was 1/6 of his entire total of 60.

This was far too much for Aaron who put in an almost identical performance to Woody. 5 goals in the league with no real stand out moments or cup runs. However he did pip Woody by a point meaning Aaron scores his first “goal” of the tournament but didn’t get anything else out of this week. That’s 3 defeats in a row now and it’s looking likely that he will have to win his next 2 matches in order to avoid elimination.

And finally we look at what was the match of the week. @Kanegan has rued his luck so far this event, only picking up 1 point from two very close and winnable games, and he took on @George Traistă this week who had made a very solid start to the competition.

This solid streak continued performance wise. Sharp scored 12 goals in the league, and turned into a real big game player scoring against every one of the teams in the top category earning George 15 points from those 3 games alone. There were also goals against Spurs and Leicester, and a fair few clean sheets in there added up to give him a total of 47. On any other week, this more than likely would have been a winning score. But...

Kane channeled up all his frustration of the first two weeks and unleashed it all in a mega performance to not only defeat George but also sneak past Ian’s total of 60 to become the third different person this season to grab the bonus point. He made a brave decision early on to effectively sacrifice the results of the team in order to sorely focus on Sharp getting on the scoresheet. This showed as his Sheffield United side sat 17th at the end of the challenge but it paid dividends for him as Sharp notched a monstrous 21 goals in the league from just 19 appearances, only failing to score against Wolves out of every team in the league! His approach meant there was only one clean sheet but that didn’t matter as his total of 64 was the highest of the week and a fantastic week it was for Kane.

Final Scores

• Kanegan - 64
  • Ian - 60
  • George Traista - 46
  • RichD - 39
  • smoggy90 - 37
  • broodje kip - 33
  • Jsavfc - 28
  • Aaron Thornton - 21
  • Woody - 20
  • ScottishFMM - 0/NA

Results, Week 3

@Aaron Thornton 1-4 @Ian

@smoggy90 2-1 @Jsavfc

@RichD 3-0 @Woody

@ScottishFMM 0-1 @broodje kip

@George Traistă 3-4 @Kanegan

Well done to all the winners especially Kane and Ian for being in a league of their own this week. Here’s what all that does to the league table. So tight in the race for the playoffs already. As I said earlier in the update those who have Scottish to play in the next couple of weeks will receive a walkover.

It looks like Aaron will need to win his next 2 games in order to survive but you never know a win and a draw might be enough.

image.thumb.png.26c73a33d1df93fe8a8faa2962376b01.png

I’ll be honest when I sent my results in this week I wasn’t too sure how I had done with having only one clean sheet and that was against Fulham 😂

I just thought from about the 6th game, F this I’m going all out attack! Seemed to work mostly, being the top goal scorers in the league was nice 😁

Also nice write up again @samhardy

Edited by RichD

Great write up @samhardyand well played to everyone, especially @Kanegan. I wondered about taking that option myself but tried to play safe, your score showed it was a good option to go for if like me you don't keep many clean sheets!

Well done all and especially @Kanegan for your fine performance.

I liked the idea of trying to keep things tight and felt we could pick up a few clean sheets especially at home and I was just hoping I could get billy to score the bulk of our goals. If the opposition scored I’d then just go for it in the hunt for the billy goal and I’d usually just take billy straight off as soon as he scored, well in the league games anyway. If it was still 0-0 with 15 mins to go as it was in a few games I’d have a go and just hope for billy to show up. Not long after the Liverpool game the same thing happened against Everton and as the last minute goal flashed in I just saw ‘B’ in the name and thought he’d done it again but soon realised it was Baldock.

HERE_WE_GO_AGAIN.gif?ssl=1&ehk=ACiem5eUL

I've brought this guy into the next dressing room that requires my 'services' he may have already saved the world but he said and this is a quote, 'I'll do my best but you are Dr. Doomed' which didn't fill be with great confidence for the next one, but he's here and the Lads should respect him a bit more than myself.

Congrats @Ian, great score. 

Woah! I’ve finished comfortably at the mid table. Didn’t expect that especially when George says he’s expecting everyone to get around 35-55 points

3 hours ago, George Traistă said:

@samhardy now that Scottish is out the deducted point rule doesn't apply from now on?

No, it will still apply. A point will be deducted from the lowest scorer (in the last two weeks Scottish was deemed as the lowest scorer so had one deducted both weeks).

Just now, samhardy said:

No, it will still apply. A point will be deducted from the lowest scorer (in the last two weeks Scottish was deemed as the lowest scorer so had one deducted both weeks).

OK. That means that participants who should play against  ScottishFMM should still submit results as they can get the lowest, or highest, score so they can win the bonus point or lose one point, right?