Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

7 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Reminds me of the earlier years of MLS here in States . New league was buying all these expensive players and quickly expanding then after few years bottom came out as salaries were way to much and clubs were folded .. Look at those ridiculous salaries in China and knew couldn’t be sustainable unless they had huge investors or a lucrative tv deal that was worldwide . 

I guess FMM just leaves teams in as game already launched and be a big mess to sort for a quick update.

Many of them do have huge investors, and many Chinese teams are actually named after companies or banks. At the same time though, there have been laws introduced in recent years creating salary caps for foreign players and obligating any team paying a transfer fee for a foreign player to pay any equal amount of money into a local youth football organization. They are really changing gears and attempting to focus on creating Chinese superstars rather than relying on money hoses to attract Brazilian talent.

2 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Many of them do have huge investors, and many Chinese teams are actually named after companies or banks. At the same time though, there have been laws introduced in recent years creating salary caps for foreign players and obligating any team paying a transfer fee for a foreign player to pay any equal amount of money into a local youth football organization. They are really changing gears and attempting to focus on creating Chinese superstars rather than relying on money hoses to attract Brazilian talent.

They could’ve appointed me as the manager. An 18 years old striker would’ve scored 40 goals in the first season 😎

Had couple of goes at international management with Portugal and England.

It has to be one of the most poorly thought through and least rewarding sides of FMM. 😒

3 minutes ago, SK15Kev said:

It has to be one of the most poorly thought through and least rewarding sides of FMM. 😒

Agreed, I’m managing England now and I am not enjoying it tbh. I don’t know about you, but it’s something I noticed, I concede a lot more goals internationally even when I only have a couple of shots against me, lucky I can get a lot of goals myself.

17 minutes ago, SK15Kev said:

i did it once as part of a challenge and found it so tedious, i quickly vowed "never again". can't really offer constructive feedback with so little experience, but it's a pity for sure - it should be a fun addition.

23 minutes ago, SK15Kev said:

Most international football is poorly thought out and unrewarding in real life, to be fair. Maybe that's realism! 

Edited by hhooo

Every world cup year I hope it's a year FMM make ITN management a focus and more of a stand alone option, it is paid DLC after all but it's just ignored and poorly implemented. 

Granted I don't like ITN in real life that much outside of tournaments but FMM just makes it a drag. 

Then again I now usually pick clubs not in Europe just for a quick season so why would I want extra ITN games too 😂

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

i did it once as part of a challenge and found it so tedious, i quickly vowed "never again". can't really offer constructive feedback with so little experience, but it's a pity for sure - it should be a fun addition.

It is like the things you have with your league team cannot be done with the international team.

• Interactions with players
  • No staff to give feedback on players
  • No say on U21s
  • Relationships don't exits
1 minute ago, SK15Kev said:

It is like the things you have with your league team cannot be done with the international team.

• Interactions with players
  • No staff to give feedback on players
  • No say on U21s
  • Relationships don't exits

Yeah if not because of challenges like 1k, DT, etc. allowing international goals, I wouldn’t bother playing them. It’s close to pointless, boring and lack of real updates every year.

Do you guys think that the update we got a couple of days ago will be the last? IIRC, last year, with FMM2020, the update with the January transfers was also the last one to fix some bugs. Nothing after that. I am asking this because I usually don't have time for more than one long career and I prefer to start it after the last update, hoping that most bugs will be fixed by then.

3 minutes ago, Pista said:

Do you guys think that the update we got a couple of days ago will be the last? IIRC, last year, with FMM2020, the update with the January transfers was also the last one to fix some bugs. Nothing after that. I am asking this because I usually don't have time for more than one long career and I prefer to start it after the last update, hoping that most bugs will be fixed by then.

I think the next one would be the last but who knows.

Just now, Joewins said:

My 100+ goals a season tactic has gone to pot since the update

I haven’t notice much changes. My 2kc tactic seems to have a buff though.

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I haven’t notice much changes. My 2kc tactic seems to have a buff though.

Is that on a new save mate or your Musiala one? I thought that update only applies to new saves, or am I wrong? 

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

Is that on a new save mate or your Musiala one? I thought that update only applies to new saves, or am I wrong? 

Everything except database updates apply to all saves. Tactic and role adjustments will apply to old and new. 

3 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Everything except database updates apply to all saves. Tactic and role adjustments will apply to old and new. 

Wish I knew that 😂 thanks for clearing that up. Going to tweak a bit more now 

6 hours ago, Chris said:

My Musiala one. @hhooo explained it since I was too late 😂

36 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

B133EB14-0438-4BE1-9B72-A07D667AF36D.thumb.png.aa4579409495d79006394fd50f4f8841.png

Wtf is this team 😂😂

Jesus, how did they manage that, they always have a really ageing team on my saves 😂

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Jesus, how did they manage that, they always have a really ageing team on my saves 😂

Kane often goes to Barca in my saves, he usually averages 2 goals a game until he's 35 somehow. Skriniar is also a popular Barca transfer from what I've seen. 

1 minute ago, hhooo said:

Kane often goes to Barca in my saves, he usually averages 2 goals a game until he's 35 somehow. Skriniar is also a popular Barca transfer from what I've seen. 

Kane is there on my current game as well. I always find I batter Barcelona on my saves as they have a very slow team, so it’s easy to exploit. So I rather them have the ageing teams 😁

3 hours ago, hhooo said:

That's weird, he always stays at Spurs for me.

1 minute ago, Chelseaplchamps2021 said:

That's weird, he always stays at Spurs for me.

In true Barca style, they do spend 120m on him when he's 31, to be fair. 

Update crazy aren't they.

Damn give us time to actually get into a save before you drop yet another 😂

Edited by Schwantz34

You guys have any issue with the latest 12.2.2 update? The download supposed to be 15.6mb, but mine goes past that up to 60mb+ and it just won't complete. It says 100% but it goes on and on I had to cancel it. Have been trying to update many times now.

2 hours ago, Jjeffriz said:

You guys have any issue with the latest 12.2.2 update? The download supposed to be 15.6mb, but mine goes past that up to 60mb+ and it just won't complete. It says 100% but it goes on and on I had to cancel it. Have been trying to update many times now.

I had once before, it essentially updates the full game again, so it will go up 1.3gb or whatever the game is and then finish updating, it's annoying but I don't think there's a fix for it.