Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll Will you be buying FMH18 on release?

Quinnbo

Will you be buying FMH18 on release?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMH18 on release?

• Yes
    • No

Simple question :).

The last FMH I purchased was 15, which had the dreaded stamina bug and rouge bids meaning certain players couldn't be sold.  This only became apparent after I poured hours into my Whitehawk save, which still eats away at my very soul.

SO, the question is - will you be buying 18 upon release, or waiting a while for potential bugs to be fixed (thus not having to abort a save)?  How were 16 and 17 upon release?

EDIT:  I have the itch again, so will be buying this one - when that is depends on this poll.

Football Manager.  You can walk away, but you'll always come back...

Edited by Quinnbo
Extra info

No, never have in recent years and won't this year

I usually wait to see how it's going down in the first few days and what the main bugs are before deciding whether it's worth getting then or to wait for the patch.

I'm in same boat as Sam. I need a good first impression if not I'll lose all interest so I'll hold off until I know it's safe to dive in. I'll want to jump straight into a long term save I expect which is risky if the game isn't stable. 

59 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'm in same boat as Sam. I need a good first impression if not I'll lose all interest so I'll hold off until I know it's safe to dive in. I'll want to jump straight into a long term save I expect which is risky if the game isn't stable. 

Same here, I also start at the very bottom so bugs that only become apparent a few seasons in worry me

I will be buying it on the day it comes out.

Although I do understand why guys like @Ashez and @samhardy like to hang back before jumping in. I have bought it on release day since FMH 14.

I also tend to buy the IAP's (Sugar Daddy, Editor, INT, Unsackable and challenges) straight away as well

I think I will by FMM18 when it  release.

But I will only buy android version.

In previous years, I bouthgt both android and iOS version.

I'll be buying it immediately only if there's new features worth buying it for! If it's just a re-skin and some minor changes then I'll wait another year! 

I didn't buy FMM17 - the first one I haven't bought since FMH2013 - but I'm feeling the itch again, so will probably buy FMM18. I can't promise that I'll play it much, though, since I really struggle to find the time for gaming of any sort, these days, but I miss the days of 1K challenges and Golden Oldie World Tours.

19 hours ago, Thirsk said:

I'll be buying it immediately only if there's new features worth buying it for! If it's just a re-skin and some minor changes then I'll wait another year! 

You can't tell if it is only a re-skin if you don't play it. The match engine differences (hopefully improvements!) are the real attraction. Very difficult for them to define these as a feature unless they've added additional tactical options. Interestingly, the thing that makes the game fun to play is not something that lends itself well to building hype.

I will probably buy on release, but I'm planning on getting a new phone @ end of Nov/ Dec time, so I might wait until then.

Edited by Prevalence

I've bought all FMH/FMM games as soon as they're released, then I feel a quick bout of buyer's regret as the game is downloading, but I'm a St.Johnstone fan, so I'm used to not getting my hopes up when it comes to football related things. 

Not really keen on jumping straight in because I've got unfinished business on FMM17 anyways. It'll all depend on the features available too, because if it isn't anything groundbreaking (like the UEFA coefficient was for FMM17), I'll hold off because I'm still having lots of fun in FMM17 atm.

Yes I probably will buy FMM18 when I get up on Friday morning, I’m not one of those who will load up my iPad at 00.01am though.

I am on 2nd Season of a Luton save, where it looks like 2 promotions in 2 seasons, so will carry on that save also

I have no problems buying on the release day and I will be doing that this time around as always, I don't mind being the guinea pig for all those sitting back and seeing what doesn't work in the first instance

It depends 

With its system requirement of "

For Android, things are a little more complicated - everything running Android 4.0, with a 480x320 resolution or greater,

Hope its goes with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 can some one confirm...But will give it a few weeks and see if any upgrades come soon which will be expected after people figure it out properly.

2 hours ago, Jack said:

If nobody bought the game upon release the bugs would never be found, so yes I'll be buying it.

A noble viewpoint my friend.

I'll be buying it.  FMV has spoken!

On 10/18/2017 at 12:28, Ashez said:

Don't you say that every year and end up buying it anyway? :P