Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe FMMVibe Community Awards 2018/19

samhardy

Last week we asked for nominations from everyone for who you thought deserved to be up for an award during the lifespan of FMM19. There was a good response to it so thanks for that and these nominations have been taken into account alongside members who have been here throughout the year.

Without further ado these are the nominees for the vibe awards 2018/19 which will conclude with a "lavish" ceremony hosted by @Foxy after the results are in.

Best Member (Overall)

Best Newcomer

Best Career

Best Article

Best Community Event

Best H2H

Biggest Fail

• @DutchTony - The VPL campaign nightmares are made of 
  • @Ian - Admitting to "The Sign" by Ace of Base as one of his favourite all time albums
  • @Lord Danish - Trying to convince vibe that he could sneak "his cousin" onto vibe to disguise the fact he was talking to himself
  • @Nucleus - Knocking himself out of the VPL by failing to read the rules after declaring he had "smashed" the challenge

Voting will be done via PM so to vote please PM myself with your winner from each category. You may not vote for yourself. Votes posted in here or sent to anyone else will not count.

It would be nice if everyone who has contributed this year voted especially if you've been nominated yourself. Please vote in all categories.

Voting will be open until Monday 14th October at 11:59PM BST. Once the deadline has passed I will send all the results to @Foxy who will announce the winners including a "special" bonus award.

Thanks!

Thanks for organising and posting this Sam. Some great stuff in there.

The sign by Ace of Base was the first album I ever bought. It is one of my favorites also.  I’m also from Liverpool.  Something in the water? 

7 minutes ago, Scouse Mouse said:

The sign by Ace of Base was the first album I ever bought. It is one of my favorites also.  I’m also from Liverpool.  Something in the water? 

I’m an out of town Liverpool supporter so it mustn’t have been the water but funnily enough it was the first album I ever owned too. I got the cassette from Woolworths in a nearby town one day when I was about seven or eight and played it loads on my old Walkman.😀

Great work organising this Sam!

Great article to kick off the awards...surprised i'm up there to be honest 😆

It's an absolute honor to be nominated for my incredible run in the VPL.

Firstly I want to thank @samhardy for the invite to the tournament. I also want to thank the other participants for pushing me all the way and forcing me to up my game.

I think we can all agree I didn't get off to the greatest of starts, but as a wise man once said "In times of adversity, we really discover who we are and what we are made of."

I may have just been pipped at the post at the end, but boy what a roller coaster ride it was... 

😜

Good luck to all the nominees and congratulations in advance to the winners🥇

8 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Surely I'll win something this year

It’ll be your cousin who wins, not you. 😭

1 hour ago, Rob said:

It’ll be your cousin who wins, not you. 😭

It's ok you get my vote 😉

Great work @samhardy. Surprised my Pensioner's Challenge made the cut as i was expecting the Kangin Lee career to be nominated. Anyways some great names in each category and may the best win. I will shortly send my votes across.

Thanks for all the votes so far, there are 2 or less votes between 1st and 2nd in 4 out of 8 categories so far so even more reason to get your votes in.

Apologies, I was genuinely totally oblivious to this section of the site and to this thread until just now - it seems I got Foxy's notification (from the award ceremony) but not Sam's here? Is that because I've blacklisted Sam and y'know, the whole restraining order issue?

I'll try and participate a bit more next year 👍