Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I'm Sam

samhardy

So with all of these threads appearing last week I thought it would be rude not to add something about myself :O Can't be bothered to write an essay like @Ashez so I'll try and keep things brief!

Hi I'm Sam! 23 years old and I live in Seaham which is just on the outskirts of Sunderland. I had a brief spell in New Zealand early on in my life but that only lasted a few years. I've just finished a Chemistry course this summer where I graduated from Leicester university after 3 long years and am currently taking a 'career break' as I like to call it :P

I haven't really had many jobs so far, had 2 stints in a local bakery but I didn't really want it and never took it that seriously and was actually sacked twice (they believe in second but not third chances) first time I turned up hungover the day after my 17th birthday and the second was for consistently getting orders wrong which I maintain to this day wasn't my fault.

Football wise I'm a Sunderland fan as you probably all know by now, I have been as long as I can remember and will continue to be. I've had a season ticket since I was 10 and have watched Sunderland at 42 football grounds in total. From 2012 to 2014 I never missed a competitive game which is a record I want to break at some point. Wherever Sunderland are playing that's usually my location at that particular time.

I also sometimes watch Gateshead of the Conference, I do have an interest in lower league football and my main hates in football are glory supporters, Manchester United, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Hull and Barnsley. United because they're indirectly ruining lower league football, Newcastle is obvious although I do actually get on well with most of their fans. Palace because they have the most unnatural cringeworthy fanbase in England and Hull/Barnsley because I was banned from the KC Stadium for 2 years and am currently banned from Oakwell for 12 months :P Not half as bad as my mate who is currently serving a lengthy ban from all football grounds after a rather controversial incident at Brighton in 2011. Hull also gave me food poisoning by the way.

Outside of football I enjoy most sports in all fairness especially Darts. @Ashez wasn't keen on this but I managed to convince @MerlionMaple96 to join the John Henderson barmy army recently (Seriously Google him you won't regret it).

Onto FMH now and the first one I got was the very first one on PSP which was 2006 I believe but I never played it much. FMH2008 was the first game I regularly clocked up the hours on and the game that really hooked me on the series. Since then I've played every single one. The PC game has interested me at times though I've never really played any more than a few seasons. FM10 was the last and only one I loved whereas 15 was the last one I played.

Vibe now and when I joined in early 2011 I never expected to still be active later in that year never mind coming up to 7 years of this website. I love vibe and it is a great hobby of mine, there's no way I could sum up my time here in any less than an essay so I'm just going to say that I'm delighted that it's continuing to go in the right direction under @Stam and @Putzy. I'm now going to attempt to name every person on this site who I'm either thankful for or who has helped to make my time here so enjoyable. If you aren't on the list then we probably haven't talked very much in the past but you one day could make your way onto my list... :PAlso there's a high chance I'll forget someone so I sincerely apologise in advance.

@Dec @William @Ashez @Jens @rafa @Sunny @anfieldsquirrel @Anwar @Chelsea8 @Lewiitom @Scott @RAC @Franco @Ollie @BatiGoal @PriZe @jakebanno @MerlionMaple96

And that's that I think. Hopefully you all now know a bit more about me. If you want to get in touch with me at any point for help or just a general chat then my PM inbox is always open!

So much for keeping it brief :(...

Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam.

Its good to know more about you.

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

am currently taking a 'career break' as I like to call it :P

I wish we had 'career breaks' when I finished school back in the day.

That's quite a random list of teams that you hate.

So thats Hull and Singapore that have given you food poisoning anywhere else?

7 years is a great stint on Vibe especially for a young 'un like yourself How long have you been a Mod? I think the mods deserve more credit for what you do as most of it is unseen and unnoticed.

24 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

So thats Hull and Singapore that have given you food poisoning anywhere else?

Sam is a very frail boy, only places that don't give him food poisoning are Subway and Nandos

@FuddledFox

As MM says food poisoning and myself are quite regularly in contact :(

I call it a career break myself, not sure if it officially classes as that!

Staff I've had two stints, from 11-14 I think it was then returned earlier this year.

38 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@FuddledFox

As MM says food poisoning and myself are quite regularly in contact :(

I call it a career break myself, not sure if it officially classes as that!

Staff I've had two stints, from 11-14 I think it was then returned earlier this year.

Lazing around all day at home isn't a career break mate :)

17 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

What we really want to know is why your banned from the KC and Oakwell as it seems we have a hooligan amongst us;)

Haha yeah, I have a feeling there is a great story hiding there.

I'm currently banned from Oakwell till next August because their player decided to be a cunt and celebrate right in front of us. This brought a reaction out of me and a few other Sunderland fans hence attracting the attention of security and about 8 of us were thrown out. Not going to matter like as I won't be going back there in the next year anyway! No punishment towards the player whatsoever though, not even a booking for deliberately goading our fans yet Sterling got sent off the same day for celebrating with his own support!

If you look at the highlights of the Barnsley game from August this season it was the 3rd goal, you might be able to see me running down the steps but was quite a few rows back so don't know whether the camera went up that far :P

Hull was utter bullshit to do with not sitting in correct seats and swearing at the stewards. Complete bollocks really but that ban was over a couple of years ago. Didn't miss going there, shithole

Sunderland AND New Zealand... I'm so sorry for you. :P

Great write up though. Banned twice! LOL, wondering where your next ban will be.. :D 

Good luck with whatever comes after the career break mate. Also thanks for all you've done for Vibe mate!

In all seriousness Sam is a fantastic part of Vibe and IMO he might be the most underrated important member we've had. That sounds harsh but it's not meant in that way as to me Sam is right up there with Dec, Rafa and the other legends of Vibe but he's not always mentioned in the same breath. Granted he might not have the posting portfolio of some members here but Sam has always been here in the background and he was a massive help and inspiration to myself. My PM with Sam is at close to 17,500 replies as he's always willing for a chat and we have a laugh every day of the week and he's a massive reason why I check in so often, knowing I'll have new things to read and a PM from a friend are all the motivation I need to come online. 

If that's not enough he's also the proud father of the Challenge Cup which is a highlight of Vibe every year! Not many members can say they influenced Vibe as much as our cocky black cat.